Cooking Class Plowboys BBQ Class

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Announcing our first ever Plowboys BBQ Class. The goals of the class are to make an already good "at home" cook a great cook and to give the competitor insights into how we approach KCBS cook offs. We'll cover our contest ribs, pork and brisket. This is a hands on class. Students will be doing all cuts in small groups except for the prime rib. I'll be covering recipes, cooking temperatures, wood species used, and final cook temps for each cut.

When: Saturday, March 27th
Where: Blue Springs, MO
Cost: $300 per student
Topics: Brisket (w/burnt ends), Pork Butt, Spare Ribs, Baby Back Ribs, chicken, and Prime Rib

Equipment: FEC-500, FEC-100, Big Green Egg

Students get one Cook's Pass and one VIP pass. The Cook's Pass is an all access pass for the entire day. The VIP pass can be given to a spouse, friend, or family member to join us after the class for a party with live music and all of the food we've prepared in class.

Each student will receive one of every product we sell, Slabs Sauce, Blues Hog Sauces, Butcher BBQ injections, and other products that we use.

To sign up, send your contact information to Todd@plowboysbbq.com. I'll reply and let you know if space is available.

Last edited:
I've been asked how much this will benefit the competition cook. Well, I can't say for sure because each person is different. However, if you are a pellet cook and cooking on an FEC-100... I think you'll get a lot.

I'm holding back on two things: my pork injection (which isn't that big of a deal if you use Butchers. What I use is also phosphate based. It is not a retail product.) and just one ingredient in my brisket marinade. Other than that, I'm giving up everything else and will be showing my boxes.

Folks I wish I didn't have something already slated for that weekend. I will say that if your free and feel like you need that little edge to get you over the top this is one I would be going.

Who's got cheap flights into KC?
Airtran dude! I flew them in and outta KC like crazy last year. Gonna have to see if I can budget another trip in for the class.

Not cheap enough, $350 :evil:

AirTran is a little cheaper - $277. Still no bargain...

Wish it was the week before. I may be coming up to KC for a week with my wife while she attends a conference. Ill have several days of bumming around by myself while she is in meetings. The week of the 16th. Ill be on spring break that week.

I might consider coming out for the class if Michael were the teacher!

How about a northeast class? Hodedo will most likely have a residence in 2010 up around here you can crash at

HoDeDo will be in kitchen for this class...:twisted: I can't wait. Having helped an event with Todd at his church, and Todd helped me with a Que 101 for the Life Grillers crew -- I can't wait to help out. This is going to be one for the books folks.

Sled, I have not found a gig up there yet, and Laura has not said we can live in the theatre room off the deck, are you going to have the addition done in 2010 for us??

But... you never know what I will be able to talk him into... I mean, Eric has already cleared room out for my East coast trailer at his shop. :twisted:.

One step at a time, but there is some talk of a potential NE/Mid Atlantic class if this goes well.

Todd, I just sent you an email to reserve my place in your class. Looking forward to it!

Dallas

If someone has an extra VIP pass, I wouldn't mind boogying to the band, enjoying a refreshment and sampling the wares....JUST putting it out there.

Todd, will your FEC's be available after class for $2700? :twisted:

BTW, Jorge send me home with something to give to you - it's in my freezer.

Back