I'm brining my chicken from now on! Plus plated pron!

L

LoveBBQ

I had some split breasts to cook and have been reading some posts about brining chicken and other poultry. I almost always do split breasts (or leg quarters or fryers) over boneless stuff as it seems to not only taste better, but stays more moist and has more meat for less money. And honestly, it ain't that darn hard to eat the meat off the bones. :confused:

So I took the 3 breasts and brined them for about 2.5 hours in a simple solution I found online. It went like this:

1/2 gal of warm water
1/4 kosher salt
couple tbls of sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
some soy sauce

Mixed it altogether and once the salt and sugar were dissolved I added some ice cubes to cool it down. Next I threw the chicken in a container and added the brine.

Once the grill was warming up I pulled out the chicken and rinsed it off then added some spices (Lawry's, garlic sat, minced garlic, kosher salt, black pepper and some lemon pepper). Cooked them for about 40 minutes at 350*F then tossed them bone side up over the flame for a quick sear and some color. Basted a little Sweet Baby Rays for the last few minutes.

Needed some sides so I whipped up some cheesy potatoes and the store had some fresh corn. Pull back the husk to clean out the silk, then spray some olive oil and sprinkled some salt and pepper. Threw these on for about 20 minutes at 350*F as well.

Here's the plated meal:

original.jpg

It was awesome! The chicken was so moist, some of the best I've ever eaten. Had great flavor, can't really ask for much more than that. The corn was sweet and oh so good! I can see us doing BBQ corn more often this year. The cheesy potatoes are always good!

I always brine chicken. Like you, the first time I did it I couldn't believe how moist it was, and how much flavor from the brine penetrates the meat.

Nice looking grub Mike!

Welcome to the brining club!

Cheers!

Bill

Thanks all! I've got leftovers for lunch today. It's 9 am and I'm hungry already!

Back