For Brethren interested in backyard amatuer competition in Scarborough, ME

CarolinaQue

is One Chatty Farker
I know that this should be in the Competition section, but bare with me mods. I posted this here to get the attention of those maybe interested in competing, but don't browse that forum frequently.

Here's the scoop:

There is an amatuer, backyard style bbq contest on the horizon in the parking lot of Cabella's in Scarborough, ME on the 18th and 19th of June. No entry fee, and meat will be provided. There will be 3 categories: pork, brisket and chicken. Pay out will be $300 for 1st, $200 for 2nd, and $100 for 3rd, in all 3 categories. So you could possibly win $900 and it will only cost you the gas to get there and your rubs, seasonings and marinades.

If you're interested, PM me for more details.

Thanks,

Tim

Last edited:
There is a NEBS/KCBS sanctioned contest in Cape Cod that weekend, and then Merrimack NH the following weekend. I think you get more interest by moving this to the Comp Section. also work the local angle, service clubs, fire dept's, etc. Good Luck :p

Oh, I'm not putting it on, just trying to help a brother out with getting the word out. Thanks for the tips on where else to fish!!!

Tim

Back