BBQ shack

Ducksmoke

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Tom
Guys, Got my "BBQ shack" somewhat finished in time for our summer party. I've attached a few pictures (I think). It started out as a 24x30 cement slab that I wanted just a roof on, like a picnic pavilion. It ended up a little more involved.

It took 5 of us about 300 man hours, and almost 30 cases of beer to complete. It was done over week nights and 1 1/2 weekends.

Still a bunch left to do, such as finishing and fine tune the cooking area, and install stone steps to the doors. But it worked well for a party over the weekend.

It's first cook was 3 smoked prime ribs, brats, burgers and dogs for about 70 people. My kids and a couple of buddy's took pictures, when I get them I'll post up any of the actual cook.

Thanks for the suggestions on the Traeger stack extension. I haven't done it yet. The place really self vented on its own. It was preety cool seeing the smoke coming out of the eves.

Tom

Attachments

• committee table.jpg
    committee table.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 562
  • kitchen area.jpg
    kitchen area.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 559
  • north elevation  finished sign.jpg
    north elevation finished sign.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 561
  • west elevation finished.jpg
    west elevation finished.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 560
  • sign.jpg
    sign.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 562
That looks great, Tom! nice job! I love the sign and the boar's head over the door!

That is so cool, it doesn't get any better than that. That should be feature on DYI network. Congrats!

Back