Charge for the BoD candidates

kihrer

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have been to the four's website and I have watched the candidates post here on the forum. My hope is that if you are elected that you will stay true to your campaign promises. The current board seems to be too secretive and divorced from the membership. The board should hold the adage that they work for the membership. I hope if you are elected you won't change your spots like many of the politicians that go to Washington. I really do want transparency. Even if I don't agree with some of the decisions I would like to know how they were derived and that they were done in the best interest of KCBS and not for personal gain. I wish you four the best and I am hopeful that if you are elected that you will remain true to your promises.

Ken, first let me say thanks for your support! I can promise you that I will do everything that I can to bring transparency & openness to the BoD if I'm elected, as will Jeff, George & Steve.

That's one of the major points that brought us together - letting the members see just what the Board does & why they do it. The Board of Directors acts as the voice of the membership, so why can't the membership see or hear what is done in their name?

Are you going to agree with every vote that any one of us casts? Nope you're not, because I'm sure that the four of us will be on different sides of some questions. What you can be sure of is that each of us is for total openness & honesty from the BoD.

There will be some times that a "closed session" is necessary - things like contract negotiations before a contract is signed, investigation before disciplinary action against a member or contractor or some financial matters to name a few. Once the discussion is over, I can't think of too many times when we should keep things from the members.

Again, thanx for your support and be sure to vote!

Thank you, Dave. That is all I am asking for. I understand the need of closed sessions for the items you mentioned but this current board want to go to closed sessions for things I believe should be discussed out in the open.

They were ready to go to closed session immediately after the TOY discussion. I believe it was Don that spoke up and called BS on that and at least that allowed us to hear more about some of the other issues that had been discussed in the open before.

You have my vote.

Last edited:
Thanks, Ken! If elected, I will do everything within my abilities to help make this board more transparent to the membership and to do my part to prevent messes like Wednesday night from happening.

Back