Smoking Chicken

nmayeux

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I was in Springfield, MO a couple of weeks ago, and while touring Bass Pro, I noticed that they had a product called Sitt'n Chicken/Turkey. This thing is a take off of the beer can chicken concept, but it is a pyramid shaped ceramic cup which you add beer, marinade, etc..., and then shove up the chicken's rear for cooking.

Have any of you used such a thing, and is it worth looking into??
Noah

Haven't seen it yet but then I make an annual pilgramage to Bass Pro Shop each June!!

If it holds the bird up and holds the liquid safely and looks like its easy to clean I'd say go for it! :D

Sounds like a plan. there are quite a few devices and rigs that do the same thing out there. Do a google search and I'm sure you will find them,.

OK, why is the link showing now???? I'm sitting at work bored and sober, and I still can't figure out whats going on!!!

Bigmista said:
Just tyope the link in.
I copied the link and pasted it to the dialog box, but it took a couple of minutes for the link to work. There must be some sort of delay built into the site.

I think the wire one that they show on thier site
would be much easier to clean.

biggyboy said:

I've got the short stainless beer can holder they sell - and it is easy to clean.

It has three verticle wires and the round base, top, and mid rings - heavy gauge and easy to hand wash. Mine is the older round version rather than the triangle they show on the website.

That cermaic thing would be tougher to clean. But is you PAM'd is ahead of time and had a stiff bottle brush it would clean up ok.

That Chicken Rocket looks awesome! I suspect you treat it just like any other piece of cast iron. Season it and have a blast! Naturally, of course, all the good stuff like this isn't sold here in the Northeast. Oh well - I'll add it to the list of things to get one southern roadtrip one of these days!

DFLittle said:
biggyboy said:

That cermaic thing would be tougher to clean. But is you PAM'd is ahead of time and had a stiff bottle brush it would clean up ok.

SOS pads. Just takes a second.

SOS pads. Just takes a second

Inside, too? That was more my concern. I used to have some coffee mugs made like this thing and they were a bear to clean inside.

I picked one upn this morning, and I'll let you know how it works.
Noah

Am I missing out on something, I still use a BEERCAN.

DFLittle said:
SOS pads. Just takes a second

Inside, too? That was more my concern. I used to have some coffee mugs made like this thing and they were a bear to clean inside.

dishwasher safe, turned upside down. This really is one of those things where your mileage may vary based on the dishwasher, water presure, and temp setting on the water heater etc... :D

Just get out the power washer. Works on my stainless Texas shapped holder from Academy. And all the stainless parts on the George Foreman rotisserie. :D

Back