• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weber Damage Repair Help

BasicPatrick

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I bought a brandy new Weber 26.75 a month ago and I have lived it during during it's first few cooks. I then took it to the beach and did so by strapping it standing up on a trailer hitch rack. Unfortunately, on the way home while strapped to the rack on the back of the explorer the aluminium leg buckled about five inches up from the wheel. Luckily, I had it strapped pretty good and had a premium black cover so that it just leaned over and only scraped the cover in three places and scratched the lip of the lid only.

Weber is sending new legs no charge under warranty but I have two other repair needs and am looking for experience to solve.

Has anyone ever repaired a canvas premium cover? How?

What paint should I use to touch up the rim scratches from when it fell.

Attachments

• wdamage 1.jpg
    wdamage 1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 107
  • wdamage 2.jpg
    wdamage 2.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 106
I have a wsm with a dinged up lid that I wanted to protect from rust. I masked the undamaged parts off with masking tape and newspaper and hit it with rattle can bbq grill paint. Not a perfect match but I'm not sure you will find a perfect match for the factory enamel.

You used to be able to buy "liquid" porcelain for skin and tub repair might try that. I dropped the lid to one of my little ones and just let it be, a couple of years ago, it's fine, I guess it's got so much grease from use that rust is afraid to set up shop! Good luck, nice grill BTW!

Back