Using turkey fryer in KCBS competition

B

bo_gator

I have read through the 2013 KCBS competition rules, and have not found an answer for this.

Can I bring a propane turkey fryer and/or/also an electric hotplate to use for heating cleaning water and making or heating up sauces :?:

I too use a turkey fryer for heating my water. Just don't cook any of your meat on/in it and you'll be fine.

Used to use a turkey fryer for hot water, just make sure you've got some good protective gloves! We switched to a coleman on-demand heater, we still bring it now even with the travel trailer, just in case

Absolutely you can. And as everyone has said, just make sure you don't put your meat on it.

Also, if you are going to heat sauce on it and you do it in a pot and then plan to dip your meat into it, be sure to REMOVE THE POT from the fryer before you do it, whether the fryer is on or not. It's completely illegal to dip the meat into the sauce if the fryer is on. It's not illegal if it's off, however, someone viewing from a distance won't know if its on or not, so best to avoid any confusion or issue.

We use a turkey fryer and have never had an issue.

As everyone else said. And you can get a 2-burner stove at RD for $20 or so - lighter and easier to haul, since it is basically already boxed.

Back