Jonny Rotisserie

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I already posted this over in the Throwdown Section, but thought I would re-post it here in the deep swimming pool as a plug for Burger Week in the TD section. It is big like Shark Week and often gets over 25 entries. Come on over and join in!

For this entry, I had some fun with a new toy of mine. I am visiting friends outside Denver who happen to have a 22.5” Weber kettle on which my new ring adapter fits beautifully. Combine that, my trusty Auspit rotisserie and a Rib-o-Lator and I was off to the races.

IMG_1336.JPG

Tonight’s dinner was a pepper-brie stuffed burger with trimmings.

The burger meat was mixed with minced garlic, Worcestershire, soy sauce, Bovine Bold, diced red onions and some pepper.

IMG_1344.JPG

It went on the hickory-smoke-filled kettle with a mild heat for about an hour along with the burger trimmings (various peppers and grilled red onions).
IMG_1342.JPG

For sides I did a zucchini and summer squash medley and bacon-wrapped thyme-dusted scallops on grilled sun-dried tomato & garlic polenta.

To compensate for the altitude, we made sure to drink extra vodka.

IMG_1347.JPG

After adding a slice of cheddar to top the burger for good measure, I warmed the foccia bread and then added fresh avocado, crispy deep-fried onions, mayo and Dijon mustard to finish it off, and a New Belgium 1554 Black Ale to wash it down.

IMG_1350.JPG

IMG_1354.JPG

A tasty little surf and turf if I do say so myself. Thanks for looking!

--Jonny Rotisserie

those rib-o-burgers look great. as soon as i stop lickin my screen i'll post somethin.

Looks great! My god...a 1554. Really? You had to go there? Now I want one...my favorite beer. LOL. Great looking food!

I like your version of "surf and turf". Out-freakin-standing. That's a homerun!

Back