• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rib Tips, Et Al (pr0n)

BobM

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I cooked rib tips, filet mignon medallions, hamburgers, hot dogs and corn.

I rubbed the tips with my standard rib rub (sucralose, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper). I cooked them on my 22 1/2" WSM, at 250F for about 2 hours unfoiled, then foiled for about another 1 1/2 hour. I then cubed them up and slathered them with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce, and put them back on for about another 1/2 hour.
The hamburgers, not dogs and filets I cooked on my 26 3/4" OTG.
The corn my my S-330.

It all came out great!

Rib tips on the WSM.
sc9a.jpg

Ready to be foiled.
tpr9.jpg

Done.
eex0.jpg

Hot dogs.
f87c.jpg

Hamburgers and hot dogs.
f0gh.jpg

Filet mignon medallions.
qled.jpg

Corn in the husk.
flvw.jpg

Beer o' the day.
rqsb.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Nice! I love having get-togethers where I have an excuse to have multiple grills going!

They come from the part of the spare ribs that you trim off to make st. louis cut.

Yep, I was just curious if there were places to buy them by themselves... I get spare ribs from Costco and they are already trimmed to St. Louis cut.

I have about 8lbs of tips in my freezer that I've been waiting to smoke. I've never cooked them before. I'm probably going to try the same method you used. How'd they turn out?

Great stuff! I love doing multiple pit cooks! I have a 26" Weber and have to admit I use it a ton. I love it! I really like the ability to have heat zones which is not quite so available on some smokers or pellet grills.
Very nice post!

Back