• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Almost Fried Buttermilk Brined Chicken

Ross in Ventura

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
b50d75b5.jpg

The Brine, Recipe at the end of post
5e07ca0f.jpg

10 thighs in the brine into the refrigerator overnight
a22fa9d1.jpg

555eb404.jpg

Made a flour and corn starch mix 1 C of each and some Montreal Chicken Seasoning
10c07735.jpg

0579e8cd.jpg

Cooked for 1-hr. @ 350*
bdc0ecfe.jpg

3dafff2f.jpg

7770571e.jpg

Served with green beans and boiled red potatoes, the chicken was very tasty and I'll do them again.

Brine recipe:

Buttermilk-Brined Chicken

Ingredients

3 C. buttermilk
¼ C. kosher salt
¼ C Franks Red-Hot Original
¼ C Worcestershire Sauce
1 t garlic powder
1 t ground cumin
1 t ground black pepper
1 t rubbed sage
½ t ground cayenne pepper
2 packages Chicken Thighs

Combine the buttermilk, salt, hot sauce, Worcestershire, and spices. Mix well. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator over night, turning occasionally.

Set up your Egg for direct on a raised grid @ 350*. Turn @ 30 min. Pull @ 175* internal.

Thanks for looking

Ross

That's GREAT Ross!! Big fan of a buttermilk brine for chicken...may have to try your recipe (that's a goodly amount of worsy and franks, sounds good)!!

Ross that looks great, as usual! The only question I have is what kind of Cab were you drinking? I couldn't quite make out the label.....

Looks great. I need to get off my arse and quite procrastinating about doing grilled fried chicken.
I think you have me set on thighs. Thanks!

Just did this up for the family last night. Wife said "What a treat. You'll have to do these again!" Quick and easy to do and tasty too. Thanks for the recipe and idea. I did them completely indirect on the kettle with a spray of olive oil half way through. Next time I'll go direct the last couple of minutes for a bit more crunchy crust.

Sorry for no pics but they pretty much looked like Ross'!

Back