MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:15 PM   #91
smoke ninja
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOGIE View Post
I just had a Pipeworks Unicorn vs Ninja. Pretty damn good.

Unicorn Vs Ninja. Ninja wins every time. What did you think happened to all the unicorns?

Craft brews are popular among the brethren I take it.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:15 PM   #92
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Forgot to mention, not only does Greenbush have a great selection of beers but they make an excellent brisket sammie!

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-12-2014, 10:51 PM   #93
dadsr4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke ninja View Post
Unicorn Vs Ninja. Ninja wins every time. What did you think happened to all the unicorns? .
They just hide better.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:13 AM   #94
alamar
Found some matches.

OK you had to light the fuse.....I live just a few miles from Dragonmead and frequent it on a regular basis. I used to brew at Kuhnhenn Brewery and go there often also....Griffin Claw is outstanding as is anything from Founders, Bell's, Shorts or New Holland. I also love Arbor Brewing, Jolly Pumpkin, Dark Horse and a couple dozen more Michigan Breweries. Michigan is not known as the Great Beer State for nothin!!!!
alamar is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:10 PM   #95
Lytnin
On the road to being a farker

New Glarus is a big one here that has a lot of good selections plus their limited run "thumbprint series". Ale Asylum and Lake Louie are a couple more of my favorite. Then of course there is my homebrew.

While not local to me I have been really diggin' stuff coming from Alesmith and Clown Shoes breweries. Unfortunately Stone pulled out of Wisconsin and I'm pretty sure Dogfish Head did as well, which were my go-to faves.

+1 on the beer pass idea.
Lytnin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #96
smoke ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamar View Post
OK you had to light the fuse.....I live just a few miles from Dragonmead and frequent it on a regular basis. I used to brew at Kuhnhenn Brewery and go there often also....Griffin Claw is outstanding as is anything from Founders, Bell's, Shorts or New Holland. I also love Arbor Brewing, Jolly Pumpkin, Dark Horse and a couple dozen more Michigan Breweries. Michigan is not known as the Great Beer State for nothin!!!!
I think I'll stop by Kuhnhunns tomorrow. Any recommendations?

Old 04-15-2014, 05:54 PM   #97
cmohr74
Full Fledged Farker

Do happen to like Old Chub and been lucky to get a decent supply of Goose Island Bourbon County Stout. Also a fan of the Samuel Smith Chocolate Stout
Attachment 94345
Attachment 94346
Attachment 94347

Last edited by cmohr74; 08-03-2017 at 10:35 AM..
cmohr74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2014, 08:44 PM   #98
peeps

Mmmm...Old Chub! Drank me a sixer of Old Chub on Friday of teh NorTex Bash!
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2014, 08:54 PM   #99
Fwismoker

Drinking a New Belgium Ranger IPA tonight....Forgot how good they are!

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2014, 07:30 AM   #100
jwolf99
Found some matches.

Lots of love for Founders which is my fav as well. But since this was about local brews and the east coast is a bit under-represented in this thread, cheers to my favorite local:

jwolf99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2014, 09:13 AM   #101
Yendor
is one Smokin' Farker

Snozberry? That's slang for the male member.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:25 AM   #102
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Head KnucklHed

Bonsai Brewing Project! I'll get you a live pic from there this evening!
[B]1967' Int'l Harvester M1100 Food Truck, 220ci 6cyl - 5' ABS Judge - Plethora of Weber Kettles - 2 WSM 22.5's – Bunch of Thermapen Mk's - 36” BlackStone - 3 Bayou Classic Fryers - Ice Cold Kegerator[/B]

[B][I]“We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this.” ~Butz[/I][/B]
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2014, 12:05 PM   #103
Smokeat
is one Smokin' Farker

Got this video in my Email today. Had to share. Best beer I have ever tasted, bar none.

Searched hard for this thread, so I could share. Too "Beer Geeky" for me, but some will like it.

Alpine brewery in E. San Diego County, CA has a brewpub that serves BBQ. Stick with beer only.

Making Alpine Brewing Co.'s Nelson IPA:
Smokeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2014, 12:13 PM   #104
Yendor
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
I had others tell me the Founders KBS was rare, it was on tap at our local bar, in the big town of Hollywood Township, MN which has the bustlin population of around 1,100 people. I think my wife and I drank at least 8 beers off that keg.
Drinking beer has finally paid off!!!
This bar put out an invite to people to be beer tasters for a local beer magazine called "The Growler". My wife and I are on the panel tonight. I am hoping to taste a lot of local brews as there are so many new breweries popping up.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:21 PM   #105
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeat View Post
Got this video in my Email today. Had to share. Best beer I have ever tasted, bar none.

Searched hard for this thread, so I could share. Too "Beer Geeky" for me, but some will like it.

Alpine brewery in E. San Diego County, CA has a brewpub that serves BBQ. Stick with beer only.

Making Alpine Brewing Co.'s Nelson IPA:West Coaster "Behind the Brew" - Alpine Nelson IPA - YouTube
Duet is my favorite from Alpine and at the top of my all time West Coast IPA's list
Note: Alpine has limited capacity in their brewery and has made an agreement with Green Flash to make Duet and Nelson on a rotating basis. Not a contract beer but they will brew it there under strict supervision. They have started with Nelson in April and May will be Duet. So expect to start seeing more Alpine up north. It has already started flowing up here in the LA/North OC area, I had a pint of Nelson last Saturday at Eagle Rock in LA.

Last edited by palmtreefrb; 04-23-2014 at 12:36 PM..
palmtreefrb is offline   Reply With Quote