Vending Brisket

Obiguns

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I am going to start vending brisket this year and need some opinions. I don't think I have enough room to have a dedicated carving station. I've afraid if I slice it to far ahead of time it will dry out. Now throwing a slice of the fatty part of the point meat on there would help out on the sandwich. I was thinking I could chop it all and have flat onc point mixed with each other. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Are you making sandwiches or just plating along with other sides? Are you a mobile vendor or a brick and mortar establishment?

A little more back ground would be helpful.

I will be vending at festivals. Just a pop shelter with my tables and smoker. Last year was my first time doing it but I only sold pulled chicken and pork with sides. Have had a lot of people ask for brisket and wanting to add it this year.

I've done both brisket sandwiches and plates. I keep briskets in a cambro or warmer on my pit until needed. I've sliced to order on a table under a tent and it worked fine, but the line was steady and i did not have a need to keep putting back in the holding cab. I have also presliced one brisket at a time and put in a chaffing dish pan with au jus over sterno.

Good luck, I heard there ain't no $$ in brisket, PitmasterT
may be onto something, only 2-3 oz of meat in a taco... may be do-able.
I wish you the best.

We only served slices. I would remove it from the menu before I ever served it chopped. I would slice up one packer at a time and then keep it in the steam tray. The rest of the briskets would be kept whole in the cambro. Slice and refill the steam tray as needed.

Back