Wedding Reception — Advice Welcome

Cracklin Jeorge

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
My Niece is getting married and has asked me to cook. I'm not a caterer, rather a home BBQ Farker with a couple of eggs.

She would like brisket (sliced and burnt ends), for 120 people. To do this I'll need to prepare in advance and reheat or rent a rig capable of smoking 8 to 10 briskets at once.

If I can make in advance I would be vacuum sealing the finished product and freezing or refrigerating. My questions are: If I cook and reheat, will the quality suffer greatly? Can I freeze the finished product or just refrigerate and how long will it keep?

Any and all advice is welcome.

If you are only making a couple days in advance, vacuum seal and place in the fridge. Much longer than that and you should freeze them. When I vacuum seal brisket, I set the machine to gentle so it doesn't crush the brisket.

I have found that when vacuum sealing and then reheating in 140-160 F water, then is no discernible loss in quality. A sous vide unit is perfect for reheating leftovers like this, and vacuum sealing retains all the moisture so it doesn't dry out.

Just my $0.03 (adjusted for inflation).

Back