MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 02:40 PM   #31
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will work for bbq View Post
I wasn't buying it until moose posted the link to Poobah's statement. Then a part of me still thought this cant be real but another part of me thought FARK!!! there goes the Throwdowns while another part of me felt bad for Moose and Ronelle then another part of me felt really concerned for uncle G (not knowing if he was in on it or really affected by this) but there is still a part of me that wants to know that now that the jig is up why is Gore still all Phizzy.
I completely fell for it. I was outraged. And deeply saddened. And I am not finding much humor in this yet.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
Thanks from: --->

Old 04-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #32
castlepines
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps View Post
I thought this was almost perfectly executed! A few items gave it away though.

- Phil had not gone all scorched earth and deleted the off-topic TD threads
- Moose, Ron_L, and bigabyte were all still listed as moderators of the TD forum despite the post saying they were relieved of their duties
- And the post "written" by Phil calling WP folks "babbling douchebags" after knowing the whole reason this site was formed didn't seem fitting of an official Admin post
- Posted just before April 1st

Knowing the backstory of bigabyte's recent activity just makes it all even closer to perfect...hooking casual observers easily!

Well done fellas!!!

Guerry, sorry it got you all worked up. Hope you can appreciate it more now that everything is out in the open.

Can my OT likker TD post be unlocked now???
And they would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids...
Old 04-01-2014, 02:48 PM   #33
peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
I completely fell for it. I was outraged. And deeply saddened. And I am not finding much humor in this yet.
Take 2 of these and call me in the morning...
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
Thanks from:--->
Old 04-01-2014, 02:59 PM   #34
jacob
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Bobby

I thank i go unconcioussss from all the morphil , still not laughing thought. Their about to took my lap so I can restle. my blood is to higher.
Courtesy of Ray Lampe
Old 04-01-2014, 03:08 PM   #35
Big George's BBQ

Name/Nickname : George

Well played guys Today for once I was really busy at work- have not been in a week. Unfortuneately I could not follow this and kept thinking WTF is going on I was wondering if it was for real or a 4/1 joke Then I saw Biggies post and was really lost When everyone came out of the closet I finally was able to see what was happening. Guerry sorry you had such a tough time I thought uyou were in on it too . This was al most as good as what they did to me in college and it was not 4/1 I was always up playing card- usually hearts and had an early AM German class I had cut so many times that nif I cut again I would fail. My floor and eventually the entire dorm put together a plan After I went to bed my roommate changed tjhe clocks. When the alarm went off I commented that I thought I just went to be- I had. I looked at my roommates watch it said 1:30 he said it was broken There were people in the showers, people going to and coming back from breakfast and some going to the early AM class. Those guys wer in a later class but said they wanted to get done early to go out. I ran to the class so I would not be late. It was dark but it was usually dark at that hour in Ohio at that time of day on an overcast day. When I got to the building the bell tower rang 1:45. When I got back to the dorm there were about 20 people in line for breakfast When I finally went to class- 20 min late the entire campus new about this
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Old 04-01-2014, 03:10 PM   #36
aquablue22
Babbling Farker

I 'm really concerned with Guerry, I certainly hope he doesn't resort to something as harsh has getting really depressed and getting a shave and a haircut or even worse start posting daily in Q-Talk.

Nice one dudes, anybody remember a couple of years ago April Fools?
2 - 18.5 Weber Kettle
1 - WSM Mini

I live in fear that my Wife will sell all my "TOYS" when I die for WHAT I told her I paid for them!!
Old 04-01-2014, 03:22 PM   #37
pahutchens
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
well my friend with all of your rapid concerned posts I thought maybe it was a long game being played and you were in on it.
Sorry I got the joke and not your pain
#5 Kamado refurbished 'the Copper top'
[COLOR="navy"]Blue 'like my Smoke' Thermapen[/COLOR]
IMBAS certified MOINK! baller, KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Old 04-01-2014, 03:23 PM   #38
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahutchens View Post
well my friend with all of your rapid concerned posts I thought maybe it was a long game being played and you were in on it.
Sorry I got the joke and not your pain
Those were genuine. Go figure, huh?
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
Old 04-01-2014, 03:24 PM   #39
bigabyte

Any of you who feel the need to vent...

You can spank my monkey.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:24 PM   #40
peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
Any of you who feel the need to vent...

You can spank my monkey...with your frog.
ftfy
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
Old 04-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #41
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob View Post
I thank i go unconcioussss from all the morphil , still not laughing thought. Their about to took my lap so I can restle. my blood is to higher.
Yep, the meds have definitely kicked in.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:34 PM   #42
castlepines
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
This is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob View Post
This is your brain on drugs.

Any questions?

Old 04-01-2014, 03:34 PM   #43
pahutchens
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Those were genuine. Go figure, huh?
Always genuine with an occasional side of mischievous.

Sidebar ex wife was Taurus, I'm a cancer, my new bride is a triple Leo with no air in her chart
#5 Kamado refurbished 'the Copper top'
[COLOR="navy"]Blue 'like my Smoke' Thermapen[/COLOR]
IMBAS certified MOINK! baller, KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Old 04-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #44
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

well.. i'll admit that it took me a few readings agree to do it.. in fact, My words were, "ok, i'll will play to your douchebaggery", and yesterday i told Ron that I WILL throw Chris and Ron under the bus when its over.

I just didnt feel right doing something 'official' as a joke.. but WTF.. its aprils fool day. And for the record, i DID NOT write that post.

In the past, I have put up landing page on April1 saying the the forum was taken down permanently and all servers are shut down, and in fine print, there was a link that said, 'enter here' which opened the door. That year my phone started ringing VERY early in the AM.

So, that being said, I wont be doing that again because when guerry said "phil dont joke in red", hes right.. and that stung. Sorry Guerry..

instead, i'll just redirect you all to www.uglydrumsmokers.com

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
Old 04-01-2014, 03:40 PM   #45
bigabyte

I blame Ronelle.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
Closed Thread