MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #76
cdollar
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbefunkoramaque View Post
lthough this seems like a tasty method.. based on my articles, promary research a first hand knowledge it is NOT the Jetton Method. A method none the less, but not the Jetton Method.

That being said.... i bet it might be good.... although I would like to see the condition of the brisket after 212 hours under the simmer point THEN smoked 6 hours.

I have listed the correct Jetton method (which is not his published in his cookbook) in thread.
Guess I should have called it the "Sorta Jetton" method. It's cooked in liquid, just lower and slower.

Cooking under the BP just works, don't know why.

And yeah, it would be rreeaall tender after 212 hours.

Chuck
cdollar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2010, 08:00 PM   #77
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

I still would like to try it though

Old 12-29-2010, 08:16 PM   #78
stanimals2
Full Fledged Farker

I,M SO CONFUSED MUUSSTT RREESSISST MCRIIBB
stanimals2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #79
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

frozen mc ribbs are great smoked.... seriously... I used to make a rub slammich for my trialer out of a box of frozen mc ribs... for the KIDS ONLY though

Old 12-29-2010, 08:55 PM   #80
LT72884
Babbling Farker

Quote:
We often are fully aware that how a person REALLY cooks and how what is placed online or in a book can differ. I think I cited once before what REALLY went into Mikiskas sauce and rub on a Bobby Flay VIDEO show once was ENTIRELY different from what was posted as the recipe on the Food TV cite.
I see this all the time and this is one of the things that bugs me the most. Why cant they just tell us the damn ingredients rather than screwing us over. I mean, theres politics even in cooking. Cooking should be fun and the kitchen should be a kick ass place, not like what you see on hells kitchen and what not. I know that people are paid to create certain recipes but if your gonna give it out on tv or the web, make it the same. i know some of the recipes that have been released from various restaurant, such as, olive garden, cheesecake factory and what not, they claim to be the ones they use at the restaurant, but they aint. Some cook books are the same way.

awesome post abut simmering and marinates. I have said that to many people before. marinating, simmering, wrapping in foil, its all kinda the same thing. KINDA. foil is liek simmering in a way. marinating is just a cold "simmer" haha that infuses the meat with flavor.

thanks for the info though. However, due to my young age, i notice you mentioned alot about the NASA program and mercury program. Just wondering IF that is related to the book in any way or if it was just a time reference. thanks

Matt

Old 12-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #81
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

a lot of the bbqs jetton did were during the mercury project. In Texas LBJ was either a very powerful senator, a VP who had a space center named for him or a president. Jetton was busy just with bbqs that LBJ and NASA threw at him

Old 12-29-2010, 10:33 PM   #82
LT72884
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbefunkoramaque View Post
a lot of the bbqs jetton did were during the mercury project. In Texas LBJ was either a very powerful senator, a VP who had a space center named for him or a president. Jetton was busy just with bbqs that LBJ and NASA threw at him
interesting. So, for someone like me, who is of the younger generation, should i look into getting that book that you posted about? Does REAL BBQ still exist?

thanks

Old 06-06-2011, 06:28 PM   #83
jestridge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Thanks for showing me the way to Jetton brisket have been using his methods lately
jestridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #84
Jay Bird
is one Smokin' Farker

Loved the part about potato salad & mayonnaise jar. After many years of my Mom refusing to share her secret lasagna recipe, she finally revealed that it was located on the back of the noodle box. Great post.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #85
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Stan41 wrote in the original thread this brilliant recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan41 View Post
When I was a kid (I'm 68 now) Me and my family always attended the annual meeting of the San Saba Production Credit Association held at San Saba, Texas in a grove of pecan trees. In the early days of this meeting (early 1950's) the men of the association cooked the barbecue. They started the day before by digging a pit about 5 ft. wide and 20 ft. long. They filled this pit with wood and set it on fire. Meanwhile while it was burning down to coals they boiled shoulder clods, (brisket was rarely barbecued in those days) in washpots out beside the pits. After the fire had burned down to coals they placed steel rods across the pit and stretched net wire fencing over them. Sometime during the night they took the shoulder clods out of the washpots and using pitchforks put them on the net wire, turning them occasionally with the pitchforks. They were ready to eat by lunch the next day. Outside those shoulder clods were black as the ace of spades, but tender and very juicy inside. Delicious!

After a few years of this they hired Walter Jetton and his crew to come from Ft. Worth and cater the event. The morning of the meeting Jetton & Co. came with a trailer truck and van. They had the BBQ already cooked when they got there and kept it hot en route. They also had the potato salad and other goodies done when they arrived. It too was delicious, but I don't remember it being as good as those shoulder clods cooked by the men of the association.

Stan

Edict.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2017, 09:52 PM   #86
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

BluDAWG!!!!!

Edict.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2019, 01:45 PM   #87
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker