Free Range Chicken

jestridge

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Does anyone raise their own chicken for egg /meat? Does anyone use a chicken tractor. Reason I'm asking we are building one at school. Also does anyone buy free range meat?

i buy free range turkey and chicken and i have a tractor :biggrin:

I raise my own chickens for meat and eggs. They are just farm yard chickens... Roam around the farm eating bugs all day and they go back to the coop at night to roost.
I keep them locked up at night due to the coyotes, owls, bobcats...etc..

I used to have a pen made from pvc pipe and chicken wire. It had small plastic wheels on one end. I could pick up the other end and wheel it around the farm yard.
I called it my play pen. lol Used it for lambs, ducklings and chicks, even rabbits.... it worked great.

Don't raise chickens for meat or eggs now but when I was a kid 25 yrs ago we did. Nothing compares to a home grown chicken for taste. I do buy eggs from a neighbor, they are big nice brown egg with the bright orange yolk. Not that pissy yellow yolk like grocery store eggs.

I raise turkeys every year. Nothing like store birds. I have customers for 15 years that come to me every year for birds. Once they taste free range or organic, they keep coming back.

Back