Left, right or center weber cart build

JackandStacey

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
So I finally built my Q area. My own little 5x8 deck with a roof. The cart/table is built but I can't decide on where to cut the hole for the weber. I'm right handed and think that I would want to grill and lift to the right. I'm thinking center would be my best option. UDS on the far left, 24" of counter space, weber and another 24" of counter space. SHMBO say's grill should be on the left side.

Attachments

• q.jpg
    q.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 169
  • Q2.jpg
    Q2.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Not sure what happened there. I'm more of a lurker than a poster. Just try to imagine those pics right side up.Admin, I tried to edit and flip but can't figure it out. Please flip if possible.

Thanks

Last edited:
Not hard to see what you are saying from the pics. I vote for grill on the left and since you are right handed, you will be able to load meat and have the tray for anything else.
Just my .02 and Welcome to the forum.

Not hard to see what you are saying from the pics. I vote for grill on the left and since you are right handed, you will be able to load meat and have the tray for anything else.
Just my .02 and Welcome to the forum.

I was thinking the same thing if you are right handed!! Great point.

Thanks,
Greg

So I finally built my Q area. My own little 5x8 deck with a roof. The cart/table is built but I can't decide on where to cut the hole for the weber. I'm right handed and think that I would want to grill and lift to the right. I'm thinking center would be my best option. UDS on the far left, 24" of counter space, weber and another 24" of counter space. SHMBO say's grill should be on the left side.
I had for years a Weber with two little working shelf. I think that having a single big shelf is better than two little
IMHO, weber on one side (I vote for left if you are handed)

Left side... I lift the lid with my left hand and work with my right. You'll wanna leave
the right side of the table for trays, tools, platters, etc.

Will the cart be built against a wall or more like an island/mobile on wheels?

Bob

Mobile and I have an idea of what you're going to say. "pick a side and if you don't like it, just turn it around." Problem with that is that the 1.5" overhang is only on three sides. countertop is 31.5". Wasn't the best idea, but you can't get 3, 33" pieces out of an 8' 2x6. Seems as if you guys are all on the same side as my wife.

Both my Performer and Summit charcoal have the kettle on the left. I'm left handed and never found it inconvenient. Are you hinging the lid? I don't think I'd like it with it in the middle.

Back