• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

American Royal Q&A

I will definitely walk it when we get there but I need an idea now.
I'm printing out my timeline, just need to know how much time to budget for the walk... 5 minutes? 10? 15?

ie. for an 11:00 turn-in, what time does my box need to leave camp? Just a suggestion please.

I've never cooked KCBS before (used to 60 minute turn-ins) so need all the guidance I can get, I'm nervous.

Don't know about the walk but definitely check those turn-in times. I don't know of anything going in at 11. Noon chicken, 12:30 ribs, 1 shoulder, 1:30 brisket.

Anybody else itch'n and twitch'n about this weekend. I'm ready to go!
Silly question, I know you all are in the same boat..:mrgreen:

every time my wife says wouldn't it be great if....

my stomach starts to turn and i get that feeling you get right before the awards :shock: yea I would head out tonight....

I will definitely walk it when we get there but I need an idea now.
I'm printing out my timeline, just need to know how much time to budget for the walk... 5 minutes? 10? 15?

If the map is to proportion, you have a about a 1750 foot walk if you follow the directions below:

go left out of your camp, take a right on applewood dr, left on bar-b-q blvd and follow that around to the east side of the awards building. When you get to space 667 (my spot) take a right to go inside the doors and you'll see turn ins. Or follow Wyoming Street all the way around to lot C, might have less people walking it and could be faster.

Are you quick like a cat or more like a tortoise? What's an average walking speed? 3.5 miles per hour? At that pace it will take about 5:41 to get there - assuming you can keep the 3.5 mph pace the entire route. At a 3 mph pace it will take 6:39. :wink:

Math based on:
3.5 miles per hour - 5280*3.5=18480/60=308 feet a minute x distance
3 miles per hour - 5280*3=15840/60=264 feet a minute x distance

Last edited:
If the map is to proportion, you have a about a 1750 foot walk if you follow the directions below:

go left out of your camp, take a right on applewood dr, left on bar-b-q blvd and follow that around to the east side of the awards building. When you get to space 667 (my spot) take a right to go inside the doors and you'll see turn ins. Or follow Wyoming Street all the way around to lot C, might have less people walking it and could be faster.

Are you quick like a cat or more like a tortoise? What's an average walking speed? 3.5 miles per hour? At that pace it will take about 5:41 to get there - assuming you can keep the 3.5 mph pace the entire route. At a 3 mph pace it will take 6:39. :wink:
How many times are you going to tell us how close you are to turn ins?:rolleyes: You are just depressing me!

Packing up and getting ready to hit the road tommorow. I will have a 60 bunch case of Parsley.....so will have plenty left if somone needs any.

Looking forward to meeting so many Brothers and Sisters!! I'm told I pack everything but the kitchen sink....Oh wait, I have that too...so if anyone needs to borrow or needs anything...just ask!!

Ray..thanks for putting that list together, very cool!!

Neil...PM sent.

Safe travels to all.See you in a few!!8)

T.

Greetings guys, justr got back from a 3,000 mile cycle ride in Utah. Had a great time but got real excited when I started packing the trailer last night.

Are you all still getting the brethern together for a group photo friday night?

I hope Andy and Kim let me know how much time they are allowing for turn ins ... I think I can subtract a good 2 seconds off their allowed time. I have 200 feet or 40-45 seconds

MooCow has a distance of 1000 yards - that's 3:15 at 3.5 mph or 3:45 at 3 mph.

Greetings guys, justr got back from a 3,000 mile cycle ride in Utah. Had a great time but got real excited when I started packing the trailer last night.

Are you all still getting the brethern together for a group photo friday night?

5pm at the Plowboys spot: 909

Thought I posted the weather forecast but didn't. Looks like its gonna be brisk Thurs-Sat. Low 60s during the day and 40s at night so pack accordingly everyone.

I hope Andy and Kim let me know how much time they are allowing for turn ins ... I think I can subtract a good 2 seconds off their allowed time. I have 200 feet or 40-45 seconds

I may have to leave early to have time to stop for water before I head in the door.:-D
Seriously though, Everybody be safe on the way in to town and have a good trip. I look forward to meeting everybody that I can.

You should just get behind some fast walkers and reduce your drag co-efficient.

The biggest concern you have, from your spot, is the public between Lot B and the doors. Last year it was no problem. The year before it was a lot more crowded. I'm sure you guys will have someone to run interference and say "Excuse Me" so that you don't surprise anyone:wink:

You should run at least one box on Sunday:lol::mrgreen: It's pretty impressive!

Sometimes I have "Football Flashbacks" in large crowds. Hope I don't take anyone out who's carrying a box...

If anyones interested in an Okie Joes lunch/BBQ Store caravan, I'll be at the Royal sround noon to play follow the leader. Lemme know... info at theslabs dot com

Thought I posted the weather forecast but didn't. Looks like its gonna be brisk Thurs-Sat. Low 60s during the day and 40s at night so pack accordingly everyone.

:eek: That is COLDER than what I saw on the net today.... the lowest I saw was just one day, it that low was 47... the rest was mid 50's and highs in the low to mid 70's....

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wed
Sep 30
Mostly Sunny[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]70°[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
59°[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thu
Oct 1
T-Storms[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]67°[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
50°[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fri
Oct 2
Partly Cloudy[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]57°[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
48°[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sat
Oct 3
Few Showers[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]56°[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
47°[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sun
Oct 4
Partly Cloudy[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]63°[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
50°[/FONT]

10 day forcast from weather.com:
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USMO0460?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

My experience with weather.com is that it's never right for KC. Seems like they never update the initial forecast they list for KC. kansascity.com seems to be more accurate.

One another note, anyone parked anywhere near Tippy Canoe ... make sure you don't start setting up - especially fencing - until Joe Canoe has put his 5th wheel in his spot :biggrin:

Back