SRF Briskets

MAP

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I want to cook a Wagyu at our next comp on the 1st and 2nd of Sepetember. My question is how soon should I order my brisket?

I had the same question, so I sent an email to them. Below is their reply:

Hello Mr. Wallace,
Thank you for your interest in Snake River Farms. Briskets ordered direct via our website are shipped frozen.
Shipping time frame is based on the date of order. Our typical method of delivery is a second day air via UPS. This shipments are sent on Mon., Tues., and Wed. are are delivered on Wed., Thurs., and Fri. In order for an order to ship on any given ship date the order must be into our system prior to noon Eastern Time. An example would be in order to receive product on a Wednesday the order must be in the system by Monday at noon EST. We do have overnight options that you can select also. That option would buy you an extra day into Thursday at noon EST to order and receive by Friday. Here's a link to our shipping policiy:
http://store.snakeriverfarms.com/service/shipping/
Please let us know if we can help with any other questions.
Sincerely,
Snake River Farms Customer Care Team

wallace

• Thanks
Reactions: MAP
Depends whether you want to age it or not. If you want to age it, it's likely coming frozen, in which case you need a few days for it to thaw and then your aging time.

Depends whether you want to age it or not. If you want to age it, it's likely coming frozen, in which case you need a few days for it to thaw and then your aging time.

So if it gets delivered on Wednesday and I just put it in the fridge in the garage frozen to let it thaw and just leave it there untill I am ready to trim on the 31st it will be good to go?

That's relative. I like to age 3 to 4 weeks. As it is, yes, I'd order it this morning, get it Wednesday, pop it in the fridge and not touch it till the comp. Next time I'd consider ordering it a bit earlier.

• Thanks
So if it gets delivered on Wednesday and I just put it in the fridge in the garage frozen to let it thaw and just leave it there untill I am ready to trim on the 31st it will be good to go?

Yes. Ideally that fridge would be between 36 and 40 degrees.

• Thanks
I believe SRF briskets are aged a couple of weeks prior to shipping. You may want to check!

I am not an expert at aging but the guy at SRF told me on the phone people do age them after getting them. At $180 shipped (roughly), I would be nervous aging much more than a week or so after getting it.

i have aged SRF brisket 3 weeks. as long as the cryo-vav stays sealed no worries. i have one (not a SRF) that is going on 4 weeks i am cooking this weekend.

They are already aged 21-28 days before shipping. For what its worth.

Customer support told me the same thing. This applies to briskets they directly ship, not to briskets ordered via a distributor. Those they just put on the truck. You can age out to about 55 days, so 3-4 more weeks of aging on a direct shipped brisket is OK.

Customer support told me the same thing. This applies to briskets they directly ship, not to briskets ordered via a distributor. Those they just put on the truck. You can age out to about 55 days, so 3-4 more weeks of aging on a direct shipped brisket is OK.

Good to know. Maybe I should order mine now then. :decision:

Lots of threads here on aging, but the trick is to have it undisturbed and between 36 and 40 degrees. Use a spare fridge, not your main kitchen fridge. Over 40 degreesa, it's not safely refrigerated and will spoil. Under 36, and you don't get the aging reaction.

You can only age beef that is cryo sealed. If it's not airtight it won't work. If the cryo swells, it's gone bad and should be tossed. I have only had that happen once.

Back