• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Another thing I never thought I would put in writing: My First Fatty

zydecopaws

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Ok, I finally get up the nerve to cook up my first fatty on the same weekend as the Bacon Implosion. I almost feel inadequate posting this, but here goes anyway...

I started with 2 lbs. of JD maple:

img_0225-300x225.jpg

Then came the sauteed onions, orange bell peppers, and canadian bacon mix:

img_0226-300x225.jpg

Followed with some grated sharp cheddar:

img_0227-300x225.jpg

And a sprinkling of homemade rib rub:

img_0228-300x225.jpg

Roll it up, and stick it in a nice grill basket:

img_0230-300x225.jpg

Stick it on the WSM with some country pork ribs to keep it company:

img_0232-300x225.jpg

Smoke for about 2 1/2 hours:

img_0233-300x225.jpg

Slice and enjoy...

img_0237-300x225.jpg

She Who Must Be Obeyed wasn't impressed with the results, but the kids were begging for seconds within seconds. Personally, I'm looking forward to breakfast tomorrow...

this new addict already has his kids addicted...beware of the fatty

Getting your own kids addicted, you should be ashamed! Send me the kid's shares, and I will gladly dispose of them in an ecologically safe fashion. I offer this only to save children worldwide from the ravages of fatty addiction. This offer will not be repeated until the next time...

Dang that looks good...

My SWMBO jumped right on board when she tasted her first fatty, and quit complaining about the UDS sittin' on the side of the house.....

:)

I think the word fatty is a woman thang they don't want to admitt liking something called a fatty

I like the grill basket. Never used one of those, but I may have to get one just because....

Breakfast was tasty. I sliced up the fatty and served it up on a multi-grain muffin with cheddar cheese and an egg. Nothing like starting the day with some artery clogging...

img_0238-300x231.jpg

Back