My UDS is born!

fireitup

Reaction score
I finally decided to build my UDS. I picked up the barrel and fire basket from a client for free.:clap2: Picked up a 22.5 weber at a garage sale for $5. Hardware at Home Depot cost me $23.

Cut the lid off. Did the Weber top mod. Cut my holes and inserted the 3/4 inch pipe. My client then welded them. Grate holes and handles and I'm all set.

I will power wash then burn it with a propane weed burner tomorrow. How long will it take to cool down after burning with a weed burner? I want to start smoking!!!

Attachments

• UDS.jpg
    UDS.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 292
Is their a link for the Weber top mod? I have an extra Weber top I can use. Does it have to be the 22.5"?

congrats brother u will enjoy, plus its always a conversation piece while ur cooking, my friends can never believe the good food came off that thing :)

Very nice! I'm still on the lookout for a cheap kettle lid for my new one.

Thanks all

I have a question. I received my Maverick wireless thermometer yesterday. How big a hole should I drill to get me probes in? Is there a way to seal them tight?

Nice Job!!! I would also do a couple hour hot burn first, then powerwash and hit with the weedburner. Then season and smoke.

:thumb:

Congrats on the birth of your new "baby"!:becky:

I have a another question

How long will it take to cool down after I burn it with a weed burner?

Also how hot does the bottom of this get when smoking? Can I put it on my pavers? Or should I get something to sit it on?

Yes

but for logistical reasons I could not. Can't I just burn it with the hardware on? If not it's not hard to remove it.

How long will it take to cool down after I burn it with a weed burner?

Also how hot does the bottom of this get when smoking? Can I put it on my pavers? Or should I get something to sit it on?

The bottom gets really hot. Pavers prob. OK dont set on the patio concrete!

Back