THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ackman

Full Fledged Farker
Apologies to start--no pics--but have been reading a lot about hot and fast brisket here recently. Well my Lang 36 really prefers to run 300-325 and I am constantly having to throttle it back to the 250-275 area, so I decided, why not let her do what she wants. I started with a 12 pound wagu before trimming. I bought it for a competition that I did not manage to make so it was getting to its cook by date.

Did a basic rub, Montreal Steak seasoning, chili powder salt and sugar. Plunked in on the grill at about 1:30. Cooker stayed pretty much in the 310-325 range. By about 3:30 it probed 168/170. I put it in a foil pan covered and added about half a cup of coke and about the same of Stubbs Beef Marinade. By 4:30 it was probe tender. Pulled it off, separated the point for burnt ends then just foiled the flat till dinner time about 7:00. I have to say it was one of the best that I have made, moist and tender.

My only error was forgetting that I was cooking a lot hotter and the burnt ends, well after about 2 hrs were pretty burnt :mmph: but OK.

Now I have to figure if I can cook pork butts the same way so I can do them both in the same cooker---but competition season about over in the Northeast so have all winter to experiment

Congrats! We learn from our mistakes and I bet your next HnF burnt ends will turn out perfect! :thumb:

Back