The Micro Taco--An Inspired Cook That Came Out Of Nowhere-Unexpected TD Entry

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
So I was planning on a lazy day today but low and behold I came across Taco Chronicles on Netflix. I suggest you guys check it out. It's an awesome watch except for the tacos narrating themselves. :shocked:

If you don't know me much one here, I love eating, making, dreaming tacos. After going through all the episodes I was hungry and wanted.....Well...Tacos! There is a One Bite TD going down so I figured this will be perfect.

TD link here: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275057

Decided on al pastor tacos and took this out the freezer

WFVk5Ng.jpg

Sharpened my trusty cimeter knife and started shaving thin slices. Marbling on Iberico pork is insane :shocked:

RDNmZdch.jpg

zQfouanh.jpg

I figured an L.A. street taco is bite size anyway but just to abide by the rules I reduced the size of the tortillas. Significantly! :becky:

y7eoxkCh.jpg

2npgPvWh.jpg

Fast forward after seasoning and straight onto the grill

ln3j5Llh.jpg

Only took a minute or two and they were ready to come off

Gz9vUL6h.jpg

Chopped

ZdN7h1Ih.jpg

Laid down the micro tortillas

VdhvgNah.jpg

Micro taco assembled with cilantro, onions, salsa roja with key lime to squirt on top

6HhxLpVh.jpg

Close up

8LpiwuIh.jpg

Time to "bite" :laugh:

xedY5cGh.jpg

This thing was truly a bite size

nVs9Gssh.jpg

Finally made a man sized plate :thumb:

Y2EaCzgh.jpg

Just Killer!! Thanks for looking!

2YQAnTAh.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I've seen tacos but not like that one.... Holy cow does that look awesome! Man you knocked that one out of the park. What I would give for one of those.....

Thanks,
Greg

Looks fabulous! That is a lot of work for a one-bite, mini street taco though.

Only you would make Iberico pork for tacos. I just want to know where the gold leaf is? Seriously great work, but the way I hit tacos, I would need about 40 of those.

Only you would make Iberico pork for tacos. I just want to know where the gold leaf is? Seriously great work, but the way I hit tacos, I would need about 40 of those.

Thanks Josh!

The gold leaf is going to be on an epic burger creation. Still creating that one. :becky:

I have never seen pork that looked like THAT!!!

I grab some Iberico pork time to time and it's out of this world good. Even smell different (good) in it's raw form. Pricey but definitely a huge difference.

Agree that the Taco Chronicles was both interesting and inspirational. Love the look of your bite size tacos, I will take an order of 50 or 1/2 dozen of the full size. Job well done Sako.

Back