MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 07-14-2019, 07:10 AM   #1
BuffaloDave
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : David
Default 25 ppl- Do I have enough?

Alright 20-25 ppl for a little bbq drop off. They wanted everything...

Brisket
Pulled pork
Smoked/Char pit wings

Baked beans
smoked sweet potatoes, maple butter

pickled red onions/rolls

My question is with 3 meats how much would you figure i need cooked?

My thought was 4oz brisket, 4oz pork, 4 wings each. Adult males but they also chose very filling sides. Is that too little on brisket? To me that seems like a pretty nice plate- let's be honest, I'm trying to get away with cooking just 1 big packer.
BuffaloDave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2019, 09:10 AM   #2
poorolddan
Full Fledged Farker

When it's a drop-off I always let the buyer tell me what to cook. Then it's their fault is the guests clean out one item before others get a chance. But that said and your mention of all males, I'd go 6oz brisket each
poorolddan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 07-14-2019, 07:43 PM   #3
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

We define out what we are providing for the $$. In this case, it would probably be 3oz each of pork and brisket and 2 wings per person. Client says that's not enough wings then my response is you can add wings per person at $$ per wing, how many per person would you like to add?
Old 07-15-2019, 04:02 PM   #4
Pedro7
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Pete

I think you're assessment is right on. If brisket is their main "must have" I'd maybe do a 14-16lb packer (and less wings), one big pork butt, 50 wings, 1/2 tray of beans and 1/2 tray of sweet potatoes. That's asking everyone to eat over a pound of heavy heavy food. I think they'd still have leftovers.

That will make approximately:
~8lbs brisket (6oz each)
~6lbs of pork (4oz each)
50 wings (2 each)
Sides
Rolls/onions

Last edited by Pedro7; 07-15-2019 at 04:10 PM..
Pedro7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->