What did you do this morning?

Badgerjacob

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
The wife and I well, we went and checked my catfish lines before heading into the office. Not bad for a Tuesday morning. Water is finally getting somewhat back to normal after the flooding we experienced this summer. One of the benefits of living in the swamps of southern Louisiana is that you will never ever go hungry. Now, how do I prepare these? Blackened with cast iron on the rocket stove? Grilled on a cedar plank or maybe cold smoked?

Edit: the last pic was from last week, but same line.

Attachments

• IMG_6328-XL.jpg
    IMG_6328-XL.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_6358-XL.jpg
    IMG_6358-XL.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 315
  • Phone2013 084-XL.jpg
    Phone2013 084-XL.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 314
  • shrimp 011-XL.jpg
    shrimp 011-XL.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 314
Just rode home on my Harley Davidson from Salt Lake city UT about 1,400 mile ride. Been working in salt lake city, it want be long and it will be time to fire up the bbq pit.

Nice looking spot and fish. How cold does it get in your area during the winter months?

Nice looking spot and fish. How cold does it get in your area during the winter months?

Our average winter temp is 40's to mid 60's. Still in the mid 80's now in November. We do occasionally drop down into the teens but not every year.

Thanks, I'm looking for a warm spot with good fishing to spend the winter months. Iowa can be pretty brutal during winter.

Nice lookin whisker mouths you got there! What do you bait the lines with?

I had a nerve block in my right calf of the sural nerve that goes to the foot, and then rolled over and had a cortisone injection done in the left heel,,,I much rather would have been fishing, great looking fish, I am sure they will turn into a great dinner

That's a great way to start a morning. Great catch

Good looking cat!

Did a little fishing this morning too, but all we caught was a damaged trolling motor after running it aground when we got too close to the beach. :mad:

Nice catch and great view!
I spent the morning chasing calves... :tsk:

I was stuck in rush hour on the freeways this morning. Not a friendly place. You have to see it to believe it. Your morning looks like fun

Back