The Pork Butt Dissected

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
If you haven't ever tried this, next time you start tearing into a barbecued pork butt, take some time to separate it into individual muscles and sections. There is everything from delicious "outside" meat with the bark to lean "white" meat barbecue that is good for people who want to eat a lower fat option. So, take some time to compare and contrast the different types of meat in the butt and see what kinds of delicious combinations you can come up with.

This is how I will be doing my pork BBQ gift boxes for Christmas this year. I separated the white meat to the left, the delicious inside meat from around the bone in the center, and the outside meat with bark coarsely chopped to the right all topped off with the sliced money muscle.

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Getting all competition pork butt on us? :razz:

Looks great. I agree that there are different textures and taste that deserve to be served separately. Don't want to cook as long though, as the one end will pull when the money muscle slices.

Wow, that is very nice looking!!!! never really thought about doing that really cool idea!!!! thx for showing that!!!

Another awesome post by Boshizzle!
Cannot believe I didn't think of that:doh:

Thanks brother, I'll be doing that!!
:hail:

Back