MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #1
AustinKnight
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : D
Talking pORK bUTT's HOT n FAST{pRON+ViDEO}

Yesterday I did some pork butt's I got from Sam's here are some pictures I did and a short video of the process of the cook that took 6 in a half and was ridiculously moist and farking mighty tasty enjoy thx my fellow brethren O cooking temp was 300-350

After about 10 hours in the fridge, injected with apple juice and spices.. looking good

And you know you gotta have the ABTs going

Pulling at 160 to wrap and go back on until 200

Team spirit even though we lost

Yea that's me I need a hair cut

And I'm sorry to announce that for some farkn reason I do not have fished product pRON butt...... I do have a 4 min video of the process with fished product at the end
Pork Butt HOT N FAST.avi - YouTube

Old 11-13-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Looks good. I have done some hot butts but usually shy away from going much over 300 in fear of burning of the sugar in the rub.
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
AustinKnight
is One Chatty Farker

I used turbinado sugar on these finely ground nothing tasted burned on these to me, I did have a drip pan under them though so It wasn't as direct.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Thanks from:--->
Old 11-13-2011, 09:54 PM   #4
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Sounds good. I still have a big batch of my rub to go through but plan to convert to turbinado for the next one.
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #5
AustinKnight
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel00 View Post
Sounds good. I still have a big batch of my rub to go through but plan to convert to turbinado for the next one.
Ya it seems it takes a lot of turbinado to get that sweet taste that is so easily achieved with brown sugar.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #6
jeffjenkins1
Babbling Farker

Looks good, I like hot and fast!

Jeff
18" Weber OTS
Primo Oval XL
NB American Gourmet offset smoker
UDS
Big Chief Smoker
Turkey Fryer
jeffjenkins1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2011, 04:21 AM   #7
Jeremy
Got Wood.

looks great.
I've always smoked everything at 225 but have been trying things a little hotter since I started using my uds and have had good results so far.
Seems like 200 IT might be a little high for butts though. I think i've gone over 195 a couple times and parts of them turn out kind of mushy.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2011, 04:49 AM   #8
Phubar
somebody shut me the fark up.

Looking good!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #9
AustinKnight
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
looks great.
I've always smoked everything at 225 but have been trying things a little hotter since I started using my uds and have had good results so far.
Seems like 200 IT might be a little high for butts though. I think i've gone over 195 a couple times and parts of them turn out kind of mushy.
Brotha if you haven't done hot n fast you gotta try it, I read and read an I was farkin scared to try HnF but I pulled the trigger and I don't miss low n slow except the bark of course. HnF gives you less chance for error, but some of the best BBq I've ever eaten was LnS. I didn't give the butt's much rest when I pulled them at 200*(30min)I had a bunch of drunks around me that sounded like little children ''are we there yet' but was "is it done yet" god they would've hung me if I had told them 8 more hours, I was sober( had a head cold just me though) during this cook along with a few others that also had patience