Boneless-Skinless Chicken Breasts

aquacop

Found some matches.
Reaction score
BBQ shipmates, does anyone have a good recipe for Boneless-Skinless Chicken Breasts! I am a proud owner of a Large big green egg, but apparently I am incapable of successfully cooking this simple little piece of meat without drying it out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers - Mark

If you like Thai-Asian, this is a wonderful recipe. I actually submitted it to the Food Network a while back. You can tell when the meat is done by either using a thermo, and it reads 160, or by feel. It shouldn't be rubbery at all, or have too much give to it.

[FONT=&quot]Moose’s Spicy-Sweet Thai grilled Chicken Breasts[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint
1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
3 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
4 garlic cloves
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla) (OPTIONAL)
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons (packed) dark brown sugar
1 jalapeno chili, stemmed, chopped (If you like hotter, include ribs and seeds)

6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (about 2 1/2 pounds total) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pound each breast lightly between two sheets of plastic wrap until evenly flattened.

Combine first 10 ingredients in food processor or blender. Process until well blended, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally.

Place chicken in a zip lock bag, and pour marinade over chicken and make sure all sides of chicken are coated with the marinade mixture. Chill at least 4 hours, even better, overnight.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Remove chicken from fridge, and allow to come up to room temperature. Then, prepare grill (medium-high heat). Grill chicken indirect over hot coals for about 3-4 minutes per side, and then finish chicken on hot side for about 2 mins a side, until internal temp reaches 160 degrees. Let chicken rest 5 additional minutes before serving.

Transfer to plates and serve.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Once chicken is at 155* for two minutes, it is safe. Once my therm says 155* I set a timer and pull them 2 minutes later. They are usually around 160* at that time and after the rest they are very juicy and defiantly done, usually right around 165*.

I like chicken cooked at a lower temp 235-240, pull it at 155, wrap it, let it rest
for 10 or so. Usually turns out moist.

For seasoning, I dry rub skinless chicken breast.

Bread them(Shake n Bake) with your favorite seasonings, that will help you keep the moisture in...Cook them indirect at 350*

I just cook em until they start firming up, then give them a few more minutes.

thats it

that simple

just did some for dinner about an hour ago

The BEST bone/skinless bird breasts I've ever had were made by a friend, many times over the years, using KBB on a few different el cheapo grills. No marinade, no Webers, no chimney, no grate/dome therm., and no Thermapen. :shock:

Consistently tender and moist chicken, and he wouldn't be able to tell you how he does it, other than "pile the charcoal, squirt it w/ fluid, light it, wait until the charcoal is white, spread the charcoal, put on the chicken, close the grill, start checking after a half-hour or so.

i stuff with philly cream cheese and chopped spinach . dust with rub then wrap with bacon . then more rub .

i cook them at around 275* til they look done . less than 2 hrs . sorry but i cook by the seat of pants method . yea yea you you high temps for chicken NOT necessarily . we just finished the batch i cooked sunday . still tender and moist .

Having suffered through Salmonella once (thank you L J Silvers) I don't play around with getting chicken just across the finish line, I want it done. When I do skinless boneless breasts, I place them in a gallon size ziplock and pound them with a meat hammer. It flattens them out and changes the consistency somewhat. I then coat them with Yardbird rub and cook them on a piece of foil (yeah yeah I know, but it lets the chicken get good and done without drying out the outside....

Having suffered through Salmonella once (thank you L J Silvers) I don't play around with getting chicken just across the finish line, I want it done. When I do skinless boneless breasts, I place them in a gallon size ziplock and pound them with a meat hammer. It flattens them out and changes the consistency somewhat. I then coat them with Yardbird rub and cook them on a piece of foil (yeah yeah I know, but it lets the chicken get good and done without drying out the outside....
Scary to think that in certain Asian country's they eat raw thin sliced chicken breast similar to Sashimi.

Not me, never again...I thought I was going to have to die to get better....
When my Son was two he spent a week in ICU from tainted tomatoes and us Adults were sick for three days.Not fun.I cook for our family but I guess that day I did not wash the imported fruits and vegies. good enough.

I definitely prefer to grill chicken breast, not smoke it.

Marinate in citrus, lemon or lime, oil, garlic, maybe some adobo (I love the stuff), black pepper, fresh herbs such oregano. Italian salad dressing works if you wanna go quick and easy. Lemon + Oil + whatever you want, just keep it pretty simple.

Get the fire hot but not TOO hot, depending on how thick the breasts are. I don't like them too thick.

Like ButtBurner said, take em off as they start firming up and a taaad bit more. The last thing you wanna do is overcook. Get a good char and let em rest under some foil.

Healthy, versatile, quick, and so tasty.

We are fortunate here to have sour orange.It`s a fruit that is grown from non grafted citrus seeds.I have some shoots coming off my Kafir lime tree with lots of fruit.They are great bases for marinades for chicken and pork.Then there are my Tamarind trees.

Pull at no more than 150. Let rest in a Cambro or equivalent. The temp will continue to rise up to about 155 or 160. Moist and tender. No complaints!

... When I do skinless boneless breasts, I place them in a gallon size ziplock and pound them with a meat hammer. It flattens them out and changes the consistency somewhat. I then coat them with Yardbird rub and cook them on a piece of foil.
I'd be inclined to use cast iron rather than foil.

Scary to think that in certain Asian country's they eat raw thin sliced chicken breast similar to Sashimi.
I was going to say sushi chicken - the other pink meat! But I would have been kidding. The salmonella I believe may be a more recent problem. When I was a kid it was not considered dangerous to eat raw eggs.

Brine is my friend 8)
I'm surprised it took so many posts before someone suggested this.

I think the most important thing is to not overcook them.

I wonder if wrapping in bacon would help. :wink:

I like to rub with a good sweet and spicy rub, like SM Spicy apple, then let the rub rehydrate. Put it on the grill over direct heat for 5-6 minutes, flip,5-6 more minutes and start checking. If you have a very hot fire you may need to switch to indirect to avoid burning.

Pull at 160 and let rest 5-10 minutes. Will be juicy and delicious.

Back