I saw a Komodo Kamado in person today.

I'm not really big on the disco ball one, but that black one looks amazing.

And people talk about how well insulated they are, but unless it uses the same ceramics as Wonder Womans jet,that blue one looks like there'd be a lot of heat loss :roll:

I think for now I'll stick with the Broil King Keg and the Mini..

23" Ultimate

KK23-ClosedFrontX.jpg

Inside a 23" KK
IMG_2421.jpeg

32ef7428a19a1ccdf9f43bb2bf0cc27e.jpg

3724f28d0cfdb8671740359d9db8cfec.jpg

People were asking for pics so here is mine with some gyros meat cooking away. The yard looks like crap but my KK is as pretty as ever:razz:
image-25.jpg

Is that the Olive Pebble color? How is the mobility on that thing? Can you move it easily to the other side of the yard?

Is that the Olive Pebble color? How is the mobility on that thing? Can you move it easily to the other side of the yard?

No, the olive pebble looks like stones. It has wheels that you can't see so it is easily moved on a flat surface. Not so much through grass or up stairs. It's extremely heavy.

The Richard Johnson world of Kamado is over.

www.kamadorocket.com is now the maker.

I have a 2004 Kamado from the Sacto "factory". Still working strong! The new company out of Las Vegas has made many good improvements. Worth looking over. Here is mine.....

Last edited:
Geez you farkers take your cookers more seriously than your politics! :tape:

After seeing the pictures and reading up about the KK I think its an amazing peice of machinery. :peep:

Personally I would never spend 5k on a cooker, not because i could not afford to, but because i could not justify it. BBQ, IMO, is a way for me to unwind, relax and entertain/feed my friends and family while challenging myself to grow in an area I enjoy. I can do all of those things with pretty basic equipment.

BUT If the day came in which i felt i needed the best Komado on the market, i would definitely be calling Dennis.

Looks great! Can't wait to get mine - will decide on 23 or 32 at factory.

Mark

Always go with the biggest one you can afford! So go with the 32!

And you guys with these KK's. Some of the colors are butt ugly but some of them are really cool looking. Have fun on your trip Lobsterbake!

Always go with the biggest one you can afford! So go with the 32!

And you guys with these KK's. Some of the colors are butt ugly but some of them are really cool looking. Have fun on your trip Lobsterbake!

True! Some are fugly, like the disco ball tile ones. However, the pebble and the neutral toned tiles gives it a nice touch.

I am sure if I did a garden design and the owner bought one if the disco ball ones, I would pretend I had nothing to do with it all

Clueless?

I'm not really big on the disco ball one, but that black one looks amazing.

And people talk about how well insulated they are, but unless it uses the same ceramics as Wonder Womans jet,that blue one looks like there'd be a lot of heat loss :roll:

:clap::clap:
Just in case you actually thought that was a working grill.. it's a cut away that shows the position of the different cooking levels with the standard grids..
32ef7428a19a1ccdf9f43bb2bf0cc27e.jpg

Back