MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #16
MisterChrister
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Fire Grill View Post
Id make another table top for it. You can probably find some wood or aluminum to make one out of, locally, for less than $65.
This. Custom stainless steel table on a grey Performer would be way cool.....

Thanks from: --->

Old 02-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #17
samfsu
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Fire Grill View Post
Id make another table top for it. You can probably find some wood or aluminum to make one out of, locally, for less than $65.
I would agree. How about a butcher block? Gotta be able to get enough wood for even $50 to do that, some glue, clamps and sanding, little mineral oil and you are in bidness :)

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #18
Bluesman
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jon

The butcher block is a good idea. I ran this through my head several times. A mix of hardwoods cut in 1" wide by 2" thick strips. Run them though a joiner on the 2" side and then use outdoor epoxy, glue them together and clamp. When it all sets up, have the entire slab planed to finish. Then cut out the circle and radius the edges. finish sand and then seal with mineral oil. You have the cover so it should last a long time between added oil treatments. May cost more than $50. But would that set off the gray kettle and look way cool. You'd have a one of a kind............
2010 Brick Red Touch n' Go Performer
Kitchen stove
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #19
Homebrewed Q
Take a breath!

All great ideas, I'll see how creative I feel after checking out prices of materials. I'd say right now I'd lean towards the SS top, but the butcher block does sound cool.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #20
Bluesman
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jon

If you do SS, make sure to have the outside edges bent 1" down on a 90* angle. This will make it not only look better but much safer.
2010 Brick Red Touch n' Go Performer
Kitchen stove
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #21
Trumpstylz
is One Chatty Farker

I personally think you might be able to live with that crack. Also might ask him if he can call and have the table fixed before you pick it up b/c its probably still under warranty.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #22
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewed Q View Post
Picked it up for $100, going to give it a cleaning and assess the damage then figure out what I'm going to do from there. It's in good shape and has a nice cover and a full tank of propane, so we'll see what the weekend brings. So in less than a week I bought a clean Smokey Joe for $4 and a fairly clean Performer for $100, tis been a good week.
That full tank of propane is worth 45 dollars in Memphis if you're paying for the tank too. I'd call that a score at 100 dollars for the whole kit.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #23
Homebrewed Q
Take a breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpstylz View Post
I personally think you might be able to live with that crack. Also might ask him if he can call and have the table fixed before you pick it up b/c its probably still under warranty.
Already picked it up yesterday. I've called about a replacement table, its $58 + $7 for shipping. It's a 2006 model, so not sure if they'd cover it, especially since I'm not the original owner.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #24
Homebrewed Q
Take a breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
That full tank of propane is worth 45 dollars in Memphis if you're paying for the tank too. I'd call that a score at 100 dollars for the whole kit.
Yep, they are $49.99 down here in the Houston area, I have a 1 propane tank for my turkey fryer/crawfish boiler/homebrew maker, been wanting a backup.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:55 PM   #25
javahog2002
is one Smokin' Farker

If its a Weber cover, they cost 40-50.00 alone, 40.00 for a tank full of propane.

So I figure you have about 20.00 in the grill. Get the new table from Weber and you have a new Cool Grey Performer.

I have a '77 grey 18.5 daisy wheel kettle. It's a different grey color though.

Be sure and post your Performer with the new table. I am picking up my second SS Performer and a SS Platinum on Sat. The Performer eliminates all of the negatives of using charcoal.

You know you might call Weber customer service and mention that you received a Performer as a gift and the table broke.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #26
Homebrewed Q
Take a breath!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by javahog2002 View Post
If its a Weber cover, they cost 40-50.00 alone, 40.00 for a tank full of propane.

So I figure you have about 20.00 in the grill. Get the new table from Weber and you have a new Cool Grey Performer.

I have a '77 grey 18.5 daisy wheel kettle. It's a different grey color though.

Be sure and post your Performer with the new table. I am picking up my second SS Performer and a SS Platinum on Sat. The Performer eliminates all of the negatives of using charcoal.

You know you might call Weber customer service and mention that you received a Performer as a gift and the table broke.
You know what? Weber is sending me a replacement table for FREE! Incredible customer service. I'll have it later this week, gotta go get the rest of it cleaned up and ready. Enjoy your Sunday Brethren!

Old 02-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #27
charrederhead
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Pete

Weber Cust. Serv. strikes again!

Congrats.