Smoked Bologna

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
20130727-Bologna.jpg

I have seen this done a few times, Most recently by Malcom Reed of Killer Hogs BBQ on YouTube, and I finally decided to give it a try when I saw this 5lb hunk of bologna at the grocery store for about six bux. I took the wrapper off, scored it, rubbed it down, and tossed it on the smoker at 250° or so for 90 minutes. Then I mixed a little BBQ sauce with some apple juice to thin it out and basted it and let it cook for another 45 minutes or so... delicious!

I agree.....it is soo good and I do often. My friends love to come over when they hear I am doing one.

:idea:That reminds me, I bought a bolo loaf a couple weeks back, cut it in half, shrink wrapped it and then froze it. Forgot all about it.:oops: Looks like a job for sometime during this week. :grin:

20130727-Bologna.jpg

I have seen this done a few times, Most recently by Malcom Reed of Killer Hogs BBQ on YouTube, and I finally decided to give it a try when I saw this 5lb hunk of bologna at the grocery store for about six bux. I took the wrapper off, scored it, rubbed it down, and tossed it on the smoker at 250° or so for 90 minutes. Then I mixed a little BBQ sauce with some apple juice to thin it out and basted it and let it cook for another 45 minutes or so... delicious!

I smoke Bologna all the time. I love it. I do mine pretty much like you do. 5 lbs. of smoked Bologna doesn't go very far... Its great at breakfast and makes killer sandwiches.

My wife turned up her nose when I bought the first 'Chub', but one taste and she was hooked. Now she fry's my Smoked Bologna for breakfast. Got to admit it's pretty tasty too.

Last edited:
Did a chub at deer camp a couple years ago. The guys ate the heck out of it. I never got a bite.

I have not had bologna in years. Does it still come with a casing? If so do you remove it before scoring?

I have loved Lebanon bologna since I was a youngin'. That delicious smoky flavor. I've gotta' smoke a roll of bologna for myself though. The one you did looks awesome!

Back