Got Me A Slicer!! Need A Little Help...

Garyclaw

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
It's an older Berkel Deli slicer I picked up for................Wait for it..............

$50!!!! Yup!

104_0087.jpg

It's been repainted and needs cleaned up a little and an edge put on the blade.
104_0085.jpg

Under this little panel here:
104_0090.jpg

Looks like a little sharpening device:

104_0089.jpg

I can't, for the life of me, figure out how this can be attached to the blade to sharpen it!!:confused:

This slicer has to weigh around 70 lbs. (it's a mother to move around) and noticed a little rust on the blade too. Guess I can apply a little steel wool to the rusty areas when I clean it up.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
It's getting close to corned beef time and I'd really like to put it to work around St. Patrick's Day, if ya know what I mean:-D

Probably not much help here, but I have an older Hobart. The sharpening attachment on mine has a place at the bottom of the "thickness" table to be attached to sharpen the blade. I set the thickness on 50 for mine. It has the sharpening stone and a fine deburring one as well. You done good:thumb:

I posted this awhile back
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94943

Last edited:
I can't be of any help but it looks like a nice slicer Gary! Good score!! :-D

play with the sharpening assemble.. it should pop off and go back on "backwards" and that will line up with the blade.. turn it on and hone away...

i say *should*.. some of the older ones have attitudes...

Dang Kevin!! You are so awesome! All I have to do is figure out how the sharpening unit comes out of his cubby hole.:confused:

Can you post a pic of the blade? Is it concave on one side and flat on the other?

Back