THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chef Jim

Babbling Farker
Well a lot of you know that Sharon (BHSLH) has a rule. Buy a new one, get rid of one. Period, done, end of story. I can live with that.

Well I am all loaded to travel up to the FBA funcook competition and meeting this weekend. The Pro Q is loaded and ready to travel and I get an email from my CL ad.

I can't get the guy until about ten at night. He is going west the next AM and I am going north. But we figured that there was one place we could meet. So on the way out we get together and I take the Pro Q out and set her down in the parking lot.

Now mind you that this was the only cooker I was bringing with me, but he fell in love with this sweet little girl. He offered me full asking price, cash, well how could I say no, I didn't. Off to the bank, exchange the money, and as a nice jesture for not haggling, I gave him a copy of my book. He is eternally grateful. :laugh:

So now I have no cooker for the meeting, but who cares. It's not like I was in the competition.

FBA Funcook was a good time. Found lots of new friends and learned a few tricks.

But the nicest thing happened, Terry from Git R Smoked gave me a new name. I am now Judge Jim. Kind of has a ring to it.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Cash is king, cool for you:thumb: Sounds like you had a good time there as well. Here comes the judge:wink:. Does have a ring to it there Judge Jim.

Back