THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redleg71

Knows what a fatty is.
Thinking of making some ABT's for my tailgate today. I have all the ingrediants just wondering how much I should pre-cook the pork or should I go raw and cook all on site?

I was a Bears fan before the Colts ever thought about sneaking in here.But I may have to start going downtown to walk around the tailgaters-I'm hearing some good things about the atmosphere!T

I've got some spares on the WSM for consumption this evening in the far Southern section of Steeler Nation. :becky:

CD

Guys, guys, guys. :tsk: While this is all good natured and all, it is in q-talk, not the woodpile. Please keep it on topic.

BOT: I would pre-cook the pork.

Off topic: Colts suck this year. May be the Chiefs only chance at a win. :icon_blush:

BOT: Hope the abts were good.

That's how ya do it fellers. :thumb:

Sorry Bigdog. As a womb to tomb Steeler fan I couldn't resist and started a ruckus. :grouphug:

To make my post on topic, I do have a fall/pumpkin pork butt in the smoker right now, for the Steelers game tonight. :p

I would cook the pork before you go, and build your ABT's with the cooked pork.

Your a Colts fan, but I don't want you to eat bad food. :becky:

CD

Update. I did pre-cook the pork but forgot to take photos of the finished product.

Hot Italian Sausage and cream cheese stuffed between the jalepeno wrapped in bacon and sprinkled with paprika. Washed down with an Ice Cold Beer.

Best compliment was that this was "better than some stuff I've had in restaraunts".

Other than the Steeler fan yelling in my ear all night and the Colts loss the first Tailgate in the rain was a success

Glad you had a good time BEFORE the game. Ben Rothlisburger tried to give the Colts a win, but didn't get the job done. :tsk::laugh:

CD

Sorry Bigdog. As a womb to tomb Steeler fan I couldn't resist and started a ruckus. :grouphug:

To make my post on topic, I do have a fall/pumpkin pork butt in the smoker right now, for the Steelers game tonight. :p

No problem Bro. :thumb: I actually really enjoyed your first comment. (post #4) :becky:

Glad to hear your ABTs were a success Redleg. :cool:

Back