Check out how my sausage hangs...(pron)

Mad Max

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I've been putting it off for a while, to make some Chorizo and try out a new recipe. This recipe differed from previous ones, in that it actually requires drying time, as oppose to fresh sausage. Here is a close up of the mix.
IMG_0202.jpg

I froze the pork, prior to grinding and then little sit overnight and let the flavors meld, in the icebox, before stuffing them into med. natural hog casings. Made the links and braided the links.
IMG_0204.jpg

Used a PCV pipe and and two hand clamps, in between the two garage door railings, to dry the sausage. Underneath, I place a wheel barrow, lined with plastic liners (to catch and of the drippings).
IMG_0207.jpg

These will hang for about 5 days, before cooking them on the grill. I'll post how they come out and if there was a big difference in drying the Chorizo.
IMG_0208.jpg

Just in case, the ferocious guard dog, is ever vigil to protect the stash (or grab a snausage or two).
leila2.jpg

Stay Tuned!:twisted:

The ferocious guard dog looks like he is taking his job seriously!

Nice looking sausages! I hope no one opens the garage door :-D

Please let us know how the final product comes out would also love to see pics of them on the grill and finished. Loooooks awsome makes me wanna do some for me

Is that spanish chorizo? It looks great, I like mexican style too. Mexican chorizo usually is red and mushy with shredded pork, chorizo y huevos is my favorite breakfast.

{Midnight ☼ Smoke};1186171 said:
I bet that is a conversation starter for anyone coming in thru the garage. Post some after Pic's!
Funny you such mention that, as we speak I have about a six men crew from an irrigation company, putting in our sprinkler system and the control box goes in the garage. I have answered more questions about what type of sausage, how did I make them and how long do they have to dry. I had to count the links to make sure there aren't any MIA's.

Looks like you're well hung...:biggrin:
Nice job!
Why, thank you! :icon_blush:

Now that is a sight i would like to come home to.

Do those also act as an indicator as to if you have pulled into the garage far enough?

Is that spanish chorizo? It looks great, I like mexican style too. Mexican chorizo usually is red and mushy with shredded pork, chorizo y huevos is my favorite breakfast.

This is Spanish Chorizo. I have had both Mexican and from Spain and personally, like the one from Spain.

Hi

The sausage looks great. Can you post the recipe. Also did you a cure in the mix, cure #1, Cure #2, Prague powder, Morton tenderquick.

Thanks
Mike

Back