Inaugural cook

Fat Jim

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My Niece heard that I had to sell both of my webers (wsm's) so I could get the engine rebuilt on my atv. So the other day I come home and sitting on my deck is a great big box. I was originally going to save up for the 26in but what she did damn near had me in tears so can't even think about that now.

So for my inaugural cook I picked up a rib eye and made a hassleback potato with a cpl poppers last night. My dumb *** forgot to get a picture of the steak by itself so not in the throwdown.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 0423191919.jpg
    0423191919.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 256
  • 0424191225.jpg
    0424191225.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_20190424_164044.jpg
    IMG_20190424_164044.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_20190424_164243.jpg
    IMG_20190424_164243.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 255
That's a great niece!

My niece's would come to me and say, "I heard you sold some grills, can I have some money".

Good on your niece.

It kind of has me excited. The only other kettle I have had is my 18.5otg and all I ever really did with it is cook hamburgers and hotdogs. It'll be interesting to see what all I can do with this.

The only time I hear from the niece's is when they are in town and want to go for a boat ride. Great first cook.

Sounds like she's trying to pay you back. Nice to know that she appreciates you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Iā€™m sorry to spend your money, specially since youā€™re selling stuff to fix the ATV...so maybe let slip to your nephew...

Vortex
Slow n Sear

Thank me later.

That is a fantastic story and gift. It's nice when family looks out for each other. I would definitely be inviting her over to enjoy her favorite meal cooked on that grill.

All I can say you are blessed to have such a niece. Nice work on the cook.

Iā€™m sorry to spend your money, specially since youā€™re selling stuff to fix the ATV...so maybe let slip to your nephew...

Vortex
Slow n Sear

Thank me later.

That's a great idea.
I cook quite a bit for family and friends so I caught some grief for selling my wsm's. Most don't realize that since I stopped driving a couple years ago due to siezures that my atv and snowmobile are how I get to work and grocery store ect. so they are as important to me as their car/truck is to them.

My niece is a very good woman.she is always helping others when she can. I'm proud of her and I showed her this and she asked me to tell you all Thank You for the compliments.

That's a really sweet and thoughtful gift from your niece. Makes me smile to see people do unselfish things in this world we live in. Enjoy and continue the great cooks.

You have a very special Niece, thank her for me also. :)

Back