how do i explain another grill......

deepsouth

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
well, you see, i was sort of looking on ebay at the old, but new in box weber smokey joe simpsons grill and while i already have three bge's and a weber otg, i've always liked this little smokey joe for some reason. i was bidding on one a couple weeks ago and i ran the bid up to $92 before i let it go to the eventual winner.

fast forward a couple weeks and another one pops up and i saw the bid was at $61, so i threw in $67.75 with five hours to go and i forgot about it.

got to work this morning and saw where i won the bid at $62, so i guess i'll get to explain this in a few days....

41ACRV0EDPL.jpg

You can day, "$62.00? I thought I bid $6.20! Doh!" :doh:

or.....

"Happy (Anniversary/Birthday)!

or.....

At least I didn't build a UDS.....

or.....

It's a Micro BGE!

Let me know how the doghouse is.......

Geebus!!!!! Like a man can ever have enough grills - she knew that when she married you.

Besides it is a "Homer" grill - don't see that everyday.

You can day, "$62.00? I thought I bid $6.20! Doh!" :doh:

or.....

"Happy (Anniversary/Birthday)!

or.....

At least I didn't build a UDS.....

or.....

It's a Micro BGE!

Let me know how the doghouse is.......

LOL. some good ideas! i won't be in the dog house, but i'm sure i'll get an eye roll at some point...... i can handle eye rolls. i'll just grab a beer and go out in the garage and sit with my grills and smokers for a minute. :laugh:

Just explain it this way....
" I had the option of bidding on another girl or another grill, and look which one I chose, because I looooooooooove you"

oh... and some kiss ass flowers might help too.

With the selection of grills and smokers you already have, somehow I find it hard to believe that you would be seriously worried about a 62 dollar novelty.

With the selection of grills and smokers you already have, somehow I find it hard to believe that you would be seriously worried about a 62 dollar novelty.

yeah, not seriously worried about her. more worried about myself.....i can't go into a store that sells grills without picking out 'my next grill'....

:loco::loco::loco::loco:

Grills are really just cooking tools and you can never have enough tools.

Come on, man up already and do what I do; hide it for a few weeks and when she spots it you can honestly proclaim "oh I've had that awhile"!

Back