MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
3 Rivers BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Default Good News but Helllp!!!

Got approached to do a major BBQ gig for a biker bash with anywhere from 300 - 400 people. So my first reaction is...oh yea baby!...Then oh $h1T baby that is a huge amount of food. They want pulled pork, brisket, bbq beans and potato sald. So..help!!!! How much meat and what sort of price with me setting up a buffet style and maintaining it for about 4 hours. I will have at least one other person assisting me. Thanks and this is both scary and exciting!

Old 08-30-2010, 02:32 AM   #2
Dr_KY
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Are you serving indoors or out?

To keep the amounts of food in check I would set a staff member up to serve the pulled pork and brisket. People have suggested this to me several times but I thought I knew better...turns out I didn't and suffered for it. Try explaining to person # 280 that you cooked enough pork to serve 400+ but it's all gone now.

Doc.

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:04 PM   #3
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

need at least 6 people and probably 8 would be better.

400 bikers = 150 lbs cooked pork so that's about 40 butts. Takes time to pull. Same amount of brisket and that's a lot of slicing.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
3 Rivers BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Having some serious reservations about trying to take this size of cooking on. The biggest I have done before is for 40. I will offer to provide the meat, but that would be it. I just believe a halfass job isnt how I can grow my business.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #5
5-0 BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

I recommend having more help. I usually have 2 people with me for parties over 150 people. For 300-400 you should have at least 3-4 helpers especially if you have never done large parties. That is a lot of pork to pull.

Also is this catering or vending?
[B]The BBQ Equipment Store[/B]
[URL="http://www.BBQEQUIPMENTSTORE.COM/?sourceCode=bbq-brethren"]www.bbqequipmentstore.com[/URL]
[COLOR=red][B][COLOR=red][B]Proud 2015 Sponsor of Christmas City BBQ, Astro Pigs and Drilling and Grilling[/B][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR]No Thermapen Here, I have a Water & Shock Resistant Backlit Maverick PT-100BBQ
500 Gal Stickburner - Backwoods Gator, Red Kamado Joe, Primo Oval XL, Maverick Competition Smoker CS-55 and Many Others
5-0 BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote