Harry Soo's brisket up close and personal

Baby Back Maniac

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So I had a ton of leftover footage from the Harry Soo trip and am just now getting around looking at it. Turns out I had enough to put together a pretty nice tutorial on how to prep a competition brisket.

T-roy Cooks helped alot with this one. His camcorder was pointed at Harry's hands and I it really made it feel like you were right there with him. I hope you guys like it.

https://youtu.be/pFO1z9e8038

My plan is to keep sorting through the footage and once I've got enough to pull together a video, I'll upload it.

Normally I don't click on your video links not because i don't think they are good, i just don't like how you force members to do so. You should consider adding cliffs to your posts.

That said, For some reason i decided to click and watch. I am glad i did. Reason being is that Harry mentioned something that really peaked my interest in that he adds celery seed to his rub to help smoke ring. Which makes sense because celery has a lot of natural nitrates.

I need to run some tests.

Thank you for the video, but please consider adding cliffs next time.

Normally I don't click on your video links not because i don't think they are good, i just don't like how you force members to do so. You should consider adding cliffs to your posts.

Are you for real? What is he doing to force anyone to click a link? I almost never click his links and have never been “forced” to do so. I subscribed to his channel and watch most of the videos on my Roku and I am not “forced” to watch there either.

As for Cliffs, do you have any idea how much work goes into making a decent YouTube video? Do you really expect people to do even more work to create a text version so lazy people don’t have to watch? Also so you can bypass the view counter and advertisers and not help cover his costs?

Good luck with that.

That's a great video that I've book marked. I don't have a lot of experience with trimming brisket so this will help A LOT. Thanks Baby Baby Maniac.

Just a side note. I stumbled upon another video that you and T-Roy Cooks did and it was great. Pretty cool that you're a Pharker. Thanks again.

I really enjoy your channel Justin. T-Roy’s as well. You guys seem like good dudes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome stuff brother!

I may modify my comp trim based on this video! I like a couple of the points (no pun intended) Harry brings up.

That said, For some reason i decided to click and watch. I am glad i did. Reason being is that Harry mentioned something that really peaked my interest in that he adds celery seed to his rub to help smoke ring. Which makes sense because celery has a lot of natural nitrates.

I need to run some tests.

Thank you for the video, but please consider adding cliffs next time.

Feel free you produce your own videos if you think something is missing....

That's a great video that I've book marked. I don't have a lot of experience with trimming brisket so this will help A LOT. Thanks Baby Baby Maniac.

Keep in mind this is a COMPETITION TRIM. Not backyard trim. This is WAY overkill for backyard BBQ.

Keep in mind this is a COMPETITION TRIM. Not backyard trim. This is WAY overkill for backyard BBQ.
Oh most definitely. I wouldn't trim that aggressively for a cookout but it's a nice blueprint of where to make the cuts.

Are you for real? What is he doing to force anyone to click a link? I almost never click his links and have never been “forced” to do so. I subscribed to his channel and watch most of the videos on my Roku and I am not “forced” to watch there either.

As for Cliffs, do you have any idea how much work goes into making a decent YouTube video? Do you really expect people to do even more work to create a text version so lazy people don’t have to watch? Also so you can bypass the view counter and advertisers and not help cover his costs?

Good luck with that.

I am not trying to start a war here. But, he gets paid when people click his youtube links. I have no issue with that, but he should at least post some short summary of whats in the video so members can decide if they want to watch his videos before clicking.

Its basicly click bait the way he is doing things.

I am not trying to start a war here. But, he gets paid when people click his youtube links. I have no issue with that, but he should at least post some short summary of whats in the video so members can decide if they want to watch his videos before clicking.

I thought the title alone, was a pretty good description of the video. He further went on to say that it was about prepping a comp brisket. That's what the video showed. To me click bait, is when you don't get what was advertised. Not sure what else he could have provided, to give me a better idea of what was in the video.

Uh, he does tell you what the subject of the video is, and no, it is nothing close to click bait.

Uh, he does tell you what the subject of the video is, and no, it is nothing close to click bait.

Hes did give some insight into this video (which is probably why i watched it) I normally don't because if you dig up his post's they are very vague. I kindly asked him to give more detail like he did in this thread topic. I didn't want to turn this thread into crap but apparently his gf's want to jump at the first negative comment.

Click bait is when the picture has a cute girl and you watch the entire video and that girl never shows up

I haven't watched (yet) but I believe video is about how Harry Soo makes brisket. Don't like his video or his threads don't click, that simple.

Hes did give some insight into this video (which is probably why i watched it) I normally don't because if you dig up his post's they are very vague. I kindly asked him to give more detail like he did in this thread topic. I didn't want to turn this thread into crap but apparently his gf's want to jump at the first negative comment.

Keep digging

Back