2013 Weber Jumbo Joe Review

P9163994.jpg

the reason i questioned it is because the older platinum had a differant sized cooking grate than the normal 18.5 kettle. part # bares this out. looks like they got smart and did make the new one the same size as the kettle per part #.

So now that I'm looking at this, I like the portability. But I'd agree with mbshop, you can pick up an 18" kettle pretty cheap on CL, and then cutting the legs would serve the same purpose. Not as slick, but it would work.

More important question...when is someone going to make a mini-WSM with one of these! That would be pretty sweet!

i would suspect that doing that would be to $$$$$$$$.
but if one could find a cheap drum then yer good to go.

My gig is that I have a Weber gasser which is quick and easy for after work cooks. It would not take much longer to put some coal on for a quick cook with that rig.

On weekends, it's low and slow on the WSM.

I'm liking it!

Thanks for the review BBQ Bros :thumb: I have needed something more portable for camping and this fits the bill perfectly.

I made mine too. I put another handle on and cut down some cast iron grates from an old chargriller.

Kettles006-1.jpg

For anyone that's interested, I recently got the 18.5" Craycort cast iron grate for the JJ and shot a quick video to demonstrate that it fits perfectly.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo-ZiF_KOkM"]Craycort Upgrade for the Weber Jumbo Joe - YouTube[/ame]

For anyone that's interested, I recently got the 18.5" Craycort cast iron grate for the JJ and shot a quick video to demonstrate that it fits perfectly.

Craycort Upgrade for the Weber Jumbo Joe - YouTube

Thanks, will have to check this out my JJ should be here Monday. Actually caught it on Amazon for $59.99, was back ordered but didn't mind as I wasn't in a hurry. Was going to order from Home Depot since it has always been $59 there and Amazon was $69.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Back