MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
Corky
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Christmas Party Brisket!

The staff party is next Friday evening but no time to cook during the week so I am smoking today and then Foodsavering.

Two choice briskets done with Oakridge Competition Beef and Pork Rub and Prime Dust injection. Mopped with Dr Pepper, Worcestershire, , rub, and a touch of Grapeseed Oil.

Just came off the 18.5 WSM (used KCB and Oak Chunks). Separated flat and point. Now I am working on the point for the Burnt ends:

Here is how the briskets looked when they came off:

here are the Burnt Ends and some ABTs for the Zag ballgame this evening. Top shelf is the sweet ones with rub and some BLues Hogg as well as some drippigns. Lower shelf are the spicy ones with Blues HOgg, Drippings, Rooster sauce, and Habanero Death Dust. Some chopped up jalapeno may have "accidentally" fallen into the pan also. I usually do teh upright whole jalapeno ABTs but these were so huge they wouldn't fit in the rack so I did boats. Used Slap Yo Daddy Rub mixed with shredded cheddar and Cream Cheese.

Should be a fun gathering. The staff have gotten to where they demand these recipes for our parties. since I am Social Chairman (Mr Sunshine) I get to choose the menu!
[SIZE=2][COLOR=Blue][B]Blue[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] Weber Performer
[COLOR=Blue][B]Blue[/B][/COLOR] Thermapen (Fastest in the West!)
[SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="Magenta"]拉猪肉[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]509 BBQ Crew[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
Corky is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 12-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
code3rrt
Babbling Farker

Well I gotta tell ya neighbor, That looks off the hook, great spread! And sounds like a lotta fun to boot, enjoy!

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-08-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
Corky
is one Smokin' Farker

Done. A sample plate and it tastes good. One last-minute idea was to hit the spicy burnt ends with some butter when I brought them in. Oh my!!!!

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Blue][B]Blue[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] Weber Performer
[COLOR=Blue][B]Blue[/B][/COLOR] Thermapen (Fastest in the West!)
[SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="Magenta"]拉猪肉[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]509 BBQ Crew[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Last edited by Corky; 12-08-2012 at 10:56 PM..
Corky is offline   Reply With Quote