Contest Announcment Montana State BBQ Championship 8/5-6

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
The only sanctioned BBQ event in Montana makes this an Automatic Qualifier for the 2011 Jack Daniels Invitational!

http://www.pnwba.com/events/2011/Stevensville2011Reg.pdf

From the PNWBA Forum:

Tim Schreiber
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 : 10:37:39
We have reached enough teams to make this an automatic qualifying event to The Jack. This is the only sanctioned BBQ competition in the State of Montana, with a proclamation from the Governor, and all judges are PNWBA and/or KCBS certified. It has been an automatic qualifier for the last 9 years. You win, you're in! It is an great event and a lot of fun is had by all involved. Come on out and have some fun while taking a shot at winning the automatic spot. If interested, contact Brett at 406-240-1616 or Tim at 406-207-1968.

Feeling Lucky???

...so I suppose you are all concerned about KCBS TOY points??

Id be there in a minute if it didnt go up against my yearly memorial golf outing...

The only sanctioned BBQ event in Montana makes this an Automatic Qualifier for the 2011 Jack Daniels Invitational!
I think unsanctioned contests can meet qualifier status as well.

I think unsanctioned contests can meet qualifier status as well.

According to the organizer, it has been an Automatic Jack invite for the last 9 years. I believe it had originally been KCBS then the last few years PNWBA sanctioned. I know there was also a contest in Whitefish MT last year but it wasn't a qualifier.

Anyhow- 20 teams and 1 will be making plans for Lynchburg.

Anyhow- 20 teams and 1 will be making plans for Lynchburg.
I don't know if I'm misunderstanding you, Brian, but are you saying that the contest has 20 confirmed participants and the winner will be going to the Jack?

Since this contest is clearly not a first year event, the minimum number to teams needed is 25 with all 25 turning in all 4 categories.

If you're saying something else, then I apologize for stating the obvious.

Sounds like a good plan - good luck! :thumb:

I don't know if I'm misunderstanding you, Brian, but are you saying that the contest has 20 confirmed participants and the winner will be going to the Jack?

Since this contest is clearly not a first year event, the minimum number to teams needed is 25 with all 25 turning in all 4 categories.

Unless it's changed from '09, the rule states:
If a contest is the only contest in a state, it should have a minimum of 15 competing teams.

lifted from the PNWBA roll call forum thread

We have reached enough teams to make this an automatic qualifying event to The Jack. This is the only sanctioned BBQ competition in the State of Montana, with a proclamation from the Governor, and all judges are PNWBA and/or KCBS certified. It has been an automatic qualifier for the last 9 years. You win, you're in! It is an great event and a lot of fun is had by all involved. Come on out and have some fun while taking a shot at winning the automatic spot. If interested, contact Brett at 406-240-1616 or Tim at 406-207-1968.

swamprb
USA
872 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 : 15:54:49
Only 20 teams makes this a Qualifier?
Brian Moriarty
PNWBA CBJ/KCBS CBJ
Left Hand Smoke 2010 PNWBA Team of the Year

I cook on WSM's, BGE's, BBQ Guru DigiQ, Big Drum Smoker clones, Weber Cajun Bandits, Genesis Silver C, New Braunfels Bandera, La Caja China #2, Cookshack 008, Little Chief Smokehouse, King Kooker Turkey fryer, Lodge Hibachi, 1952 Cook N Kettle...did I miss anything? Still lookin' & still cookin'!

Weber 1000/RK Drum Coffee Roaster, Vintage Kamado restoration hack, Red Weber Kettle Appreciation Society member. Grill Decency Agent
Smokin' Ty's Pit bitch, food stylist & tote goat!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Left-Hand-Smoke/116187658462391?sk=wall
Stay Hungry!
Edited by - swamprb on 08/02/2011 15:55:20

Deena
USA
1124 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 : 15:57:47
Yes because it is the only qualifying competition in the state of Montana.
Christene James
Raven's Fyre BBQ
Master Judge #200002
Member #100001
PNWBA Board Member

Kinda makes you wonder? Are you guys back home from Boise? Keep this one on the radar for 2012.

So why did I read this now? I've got to decide If I want to make a 24hr drive starting tomorrow........

Brian, thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it and have confirmed that on the 2011 Jack Qualifying rules.

Good luck to all those who are competing in Montana this weekend!

Back