Northwoods invades the Twin Cities.

BigButzBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Every year we have taken a family vacation down to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Usually we stay somewhere around or at the Raddison in Bloomington with the Water park of America in it. During that time we make sure to hit up just about all the family stuff we can; Minnesota or Como Zoo, Science Museum, Children's Museum, Underwater World, park inside MOA, and of course the Water park of America.
2 questions I need help with though.
Are there any other great family things to do that we have been missing out on that we couldn't get/do anywhere else?
Where are, if there are, any great BBQ places, and I'm not talking about any chain type place, specially the ones inside MOA?

I'm not sure how old your kids are but I always enjoyed a tour of the Tonka factory over in Minnetonka. They used to give you a "free" truck after the tour.

I would have hooked you up with a free meal at the family Chinese restaurant over at the Knollwood Mall but we closed it a few years back.

I can help you out with things to do in the San Francisco Bay Area...

Just sayin'

I'm not sure how old your kids are but I always enjoyed a tour of the Tonka factory over in Minnetonka. They used to give you a "free" truck after the tour.

I would have hooked you up with a free meal at the family Chinese restaurant over at the Knollwood Mall but we closed it a few years back.
Never heard of being able to tour that place and too bad we are a little late for the food, love Chinese food.
I can help you out with things to do in the San Francisco Bay Area...

Just sayin'
:laugh: One trip at a time. Have to see how this one goes first.

Looks like we're headed out on Sunday! Not sure where all we're going and what we're doing yet but, if you see me, feel free to say "Hey!". I'm not that hard to spot. :laugh:

Been down in the Twin Cities for a couple of days. Haven't actually made it to any BBQ joints yet, I've heard that there are a couple that are near the light rail. Thinking about maybe taking a trip on it tomorrow and seeing Minnehaha Falls.
About the biggest surprise was a cuban sandwich I had at Sabino's in the Minnesota Zoo. It was actually really good! :shock:

Back