MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
BobM
Babbling Farker

Default More Lamb Ribs (pr0n)

I made lamb ribs once before, they were marked "lamb breast", which was basically lamb ribs with the belly (bacon) attached.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=147987
They were about 2 - 2 1/2 inches thick. I cut off the "belly" part and cooked them on my 18 1/2" WSM at 250F for 5 hours. They came out fatty and chewy.

Since the weather was going to be good here in New York this week, I wanted to barbeque. I went to my favorite meat store to look at what they had. Low and behold, the "lamb breasts" grabbed my eye. This time they were smaller and thinner, about 1 - 1 1/4 inches thick. I learned something from the last cook, so let's rumble!

I rubbed them with extra virgin olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and rosemary.

I set my 18 1/2" WSM up with KBB and 5 fist sized chunks of red oak. I cooked them at 250F for 6 hours.

This is one of the best things I've barbequed so far. Moist, smokey, tasty, tender, a great flavor.

I love lamb!

Lamb ribs.

Rubbed up.

On the WSM.

Done.

Bones.

Cut up.

Beer of the day.

Bob
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 01-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #2
ToddM
Full Fledged Farker

Wow, those look awesome, I'd love to get my hands on some of those to try. Six hours seems a lot but it's hard to argue with the results. Nice.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #3
freespool
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

bbq and beer, nice. not sure if there is much better.
freespool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #4
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks for sharing. One of the local stores has them for a decent price now and then. I tried them a couple times and did not get great results. I'll try a longer smoke next time.
HankB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #5
martyleach
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Dang but those look good! How did you determing they were done? I haven't done those before and would love to try them.

Custom wooden handles for BBQ's made by Marty Leach (oh, that's me)
[url]http://www.amlwoodart.com[/url]
martyleach is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #6
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Those ribs look great. I don't recall ever seeing lamb ribs or lamb breast in stores around here.

The finished ribs look a lot like BB pork ribs, but I would think they have a different flavor. How do they taste, compared to what most of us have tasted from pork ribs?

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #7
Randbo
is one Smokin' Farker

Awesome!

Old 01-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #8
BobM
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyleach View Post
How did you determing they were done? I haven't done those before and would love to try them.
By look and a feel. I've done them before, and kind of know what to look for.
Try them, they are amazing.
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #9
Titch
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Titch :-)

the ribs use to get thrown to us kids or the dogs when I was young.
depended on who was in favour.
Use to grill them over coals while fishing.
Awsome food for us.
Nice looking ribs mate.
Cheers.
Titch
Titch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #10
BobM
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
How do they taste, compared to what most of us have tasted from pork ribs?
They taste like lamb, but the smoke gives them something extra. It's more "gamey" than pork, I really like the taste.

Sent from my Android phone.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #11
cameraman
Babbling Farker

Righteous dude. Going to keep my eyes peeled for those for sure.
Smokey Joe (RIP)
a dorky little headlamp[/COLOR]
cameraman is offline   Reply With Quote