Old Crow Smokehouse - Tried it?

SmokinJohn

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
https://oldcrowsmokehouse.com/orange/

Menu looks good.....Do I have to go solo on this or will someone warn me, or join me?

The location should be conducive to sales; There is a Tilted Kilt, Lazy Dog, and King's Fish House on the same property. It's about 2 miles from the Arrowhead Pond and Angel Stadium. But....their location has not had good history for longevity.

So, I did a drive by to pick up the menu to get pricing.

But since none of you got back to me :x, I'm not sharing :evil:.

Ok, so I tried three sides: Mac and Cheese, Beans, and Sweet Potatoes with Blue Cheese.

The Verdict: Meh, Meh, Meh.

Mac and Cheese: I would love to be like Johnny Depp's character in "Once Upon a Time in Mexico", and balance the scales of mac and cheese sellers. The best part about the mac and cheese was the cornbread crumbs on the top.

Beans: They had a weird chew to them. The most likely culprit? Butter Beans (aka Lima Beans). I don't like Lima Beans by themselves, let alone in baked beans.

Sweet Potatoes: Jennifer loves blue cheese. She loves sweet potatoes. The two did NOT go together.

Haven't tried the proteins, yet. They are outside of the 3x-5x internal pricing model I use. Now, if I can get my boss to foot the bill, it's on!

You went to a bbq joint just for sides? :shock:

It could be worse, you could have asked them for vegan mac-n-cheez

I like to see if there are any mac and cheese tips I can incorporate into mine, so I will always order it when I go to a BBQ joint.

But after seeing a price tag of $38/pound for brisket (I know I'm not in Texas, but I'm also not in Hawaii), I opted for the sides, until I could get someone else to pay for it.

Their brisket can't be any worse than Smokey Fred's.

$40 a pound for brisket? Are you sure about that? Its a chain restaurant, that double the cost of Franklin and I doubt they are selling angus prime and duroc ribs.

I'm just here for the vegan Spam. :hungry:

I'm thinking that's what the sweet potatoes were missing. You can't have sweet potatoes with just blue cheese. Stir fry that with vegan spam, and hold the brisket. :hand:

$40 a pound for brisket? Are you sure about that? Its a chain restaurant, that double the cost of Franklin and I doubt they are selling angus prime and duroc ribs.

I left the menu at home, but i think that's what I saw: $19 for a half pound of brisket. So 38 isn't 40, but it's close.

Here are the other factors contributing to the high price:

It's in the third largest real estate market in the U.S.
It is near a stadium (ANAHEIM Angels), An arena (Anaheim Ducks and sometimes the Clippers, and concerts), and Disneyland.

I will grab the menu tonight to confirm.

Back