Knife sharpener help

Harbormaster

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Hey all -
I remember a post a while back that discussed knife sharpeners. One of the posts had a pic of a sharpener that looked like "interlaced fingers", and it got pretty good reviews from those who had used it. I want to investigate it, but I can't find the thread it was in.
If you know what I'm talking about and have a pic or know the name of it, could you post it here or PM me?

Thanks!

I have that sharpener and like it a lot. It is called the "Furi". It is easy to use and maintains a very good edge. I suppose you could get a better edge with a hand sharpening system, but it is not as easy to use so doesn't get used as often as it should be.

Here is the model I got although I found it on overstock.com at a much better price. http://www.amazon.com/Furi-Tri-Fing...3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1271438973&sr=8-3

That's the one HSLS!
Thanks so much for the quick reply. You da man!
Do you think the the professional version would be worth another $30?
I like the idea of this sharpener, but it's almost the same cost as a Chef's Choice which also gets great reviews from the Brethren. I just get a little nervous about using an electric sharpener.

If you got quality kinves, I would stay away from electric. It's too easy to overheat the blade and ruin the temper.

I use a Wart Hog and love it. http://www.v-sharp.com/ Just noticed they have a new model, I have the classic. Once it's set up you don't have to change anything.:clap2::clap2:

In my opinion, the one I got seems better than the pro version which is permanently attached to the counter.

Mine is very portable, and the three different sharpeners interchange very easily into the unit. Once you get the proper angle grind with the #1 stage, you go to stage #2. You only use stage #3 to get a very fine honed edge, which I don't like all that much on my knives. Consequently, I use stage #2 for five or six strokes after each time I use a knife.

Back