Spicewine's TEAM Q heads for Warsaw

spicewine

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Headed for Warsaw this weekend to start the competition season for us.
We'll see how this goes trying to Q without drinking beer. I guess I will just have to put in some extra effort. Fatties are bought, ABT cooker loaded , Sauce made, rubs ready, smoker washed and waxed-----Lock and load---here we go!!!

Go get 'em, Spice! Truman Lake is a cool place.

Good luck guys.
Who's on the team?
If they give a "Prettiest Kooker" award--you are a shoe-in :lol:

Take pics.

TIM

Jay's going to a cookoff...........that means it will rain this weekend...........
pack your rubbers and go get 'em boys!!

Best of luck!!

spicewine said:
Who's on the team?

Jay Curry-----Chicken
Steve Curry---Ribs
John Friedrich---Pork Butt
Brian Johnson---Brisket
Ah Yes--seperate specialites :D
I have heard of some ot the SuperStar teams doing that.

Unfortunatly, Southern Brethren is so small--we gotta share the total process and the blame :roll:

Y'all do great and we will know who gets the "Atta-Boys" when it is all over :wink:

Put some teams "on the trailer" for all of us.

TIM

Ah Yes--seperate specialites
I have heard of some ot the SuperStar teams doing that

We rotate every year so that each team mate has the experience of cooking in each category. Once everyone has been through the rotation, we put each team mate on the item that they scored highest on. If for some reason one or more of the team can't make a competition, the other team mates can fill in with no problem.

Jay's going to a cookoff...........that means it will rain this weekend...........

You know as well as I do that rain works to my advantage. Spicewine Smokers love crappy weather. As a matter of fact, they thrive on it. Throw in a 40 mile an hour wind and God is on your side. By the way God's on Brisket next year look out Kick!!

You know as well as I do that rain works to my advantage. Spicewine Smokers love crappy weather. As a matter of fact, they thrive on it. Throw in a 40 mile an hour wind and God is on your side. By the way God's on Brisket next year look out Kick!!
Amen to that brother!!!!

I'll have to see what is happening this weekend. Maybe I will come and be your surrogate beer drinker??? :lol:

Back