Burritos de desayuno de huevos y chorizo con patatas

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So, you know when you go to Costco they have the carts and booths giving out samples? Well we went to Costco and came back with a couple of the products they were doing samples of.

The first was some freeze dried hash browns. Normally I like use whole potatoes but sometimes they go soft and start sprouting numerous appendages. I purchased these for just this type of occasion.

The next item was some soy chorizo. This is very tasty and not nearly as greasy as regular chorizo. This is the thing my wife hates about chorizo and she liked this stuff so I figured what the heck.

The next day I decided to use both my new food products and make chorizo and eggs breakfast burritos with potatoes. First I sautéed some onion and bell pepper. I then added the chorizo, cooked them and let them melt together.

Now add the eggs, mix and cook.

Next I cooked up the hash browns.

And now we assemble the burritos starting with some sour cream.

Add some hash browns.

And the chorizo and eggs mixture.

Mexican cheese and some pico de gallo. (Not pictures is a finishing touch of some Tapatio hot sauce)

And it’s a wrap!

Buenos Dias! :becky:

drooling.gif
I 'M BluDawg and I approve of this Daysayuno and rate it :thumb::thumb:& a
shake.gif

I'd hit those like Bob Brisket on a Sunday! The soy chorizo. Is it partially meat based, or totally composed of soy protein? I used to buy this soy based chili mix that was actually pretty damn good when gussied up, back when I was a starving graduate student.

Breakfast burritos are outlawed in South Texas, great looking taco.

Back