Pears, Glazed Walnut, Red Onion, Prosciutto, Cilantro, Goat Cheese Pizza

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I made two pizzas last night but it was late when I was posting so the first one is all I could stay awake for. This is the second one I made and it was even better than the first one.

A friend of mine made an unusual pizza that was based on a pear, glazed walnuts, arugula and goat cheese salad. He adapted it for use as a pizza. I wanted to try it so I took that idea and tweaked a little too make my own pizza.

First I made up the salad dressing. Here are most of the ingredients:

Done

Here are most of the ingredients for the pizza: (I substituted cilantro for the arugula)

Rolled out my dough and placed it on some parchment paper. Painted the dough with the salad dressing mixture.

Put on the pears, glazed walnuts and red onion,

now some fresh cilantro,

sliced prosciutto,

goat cheese,

and some mozzarella.

Now on to the 500 degree kamado for 8 minutes. Here it is half way thru after I removed the parchment paper.

Done.

Plated shots with a Rouge Hazelnut Brown Nectar Ale.

Money Shot below.

It was fantastic! Sweet and savory at the same time. Oh Yeah! :becky:

You are right! That one is better than the last fabulous specimen!!!!! You need my address for mailing a slice?

You are right! That one is better than the last fabulous specimen!!!!! You need my address for mailing a slice?
Thank you peeps. Some of these were ingredients I would've never thought about putting on a pizza but it goes together great. Not sure mailing a piece to Texas would do it justice. :laugh:

Back